The "Main Site"

Aza

Tim.

Just wanted to congrat you on maintaining such a high quality site. I do actually love browsing it especially now as I am recording each show every Sat.

I had an assignment last year for multimedia, where we pretty much had to pencil out "what makes a good site". Your has nice colours, attractive to the end user, MOST IMPORTANTLY updated frequently and does actually contain so advanced features (well considering you study spanish - you could probably have a job on the side making sites for people you know!).

Anyway - hats off. Keep it up :)

I'll second that, but would add that its simple, plain and easy to read. Don't know of any other site that does tracklistings so extensively for any DJ or national radio show.

Put a link to Chrissie's tape collection and surely Norris McWhirter would be knocking on the door :lol:

Cheer guys. On the surface it may look ok, but there's still a shedload to do - I'm working on it every weekend, mostly on the core tracklistings pages to implement the new design and tidy up the code, but also those monthly mixes. Don't worry though, work is in progress and it will be all complete by the end of June:

I've got a telephone interview on Monday with a Spanish company - if I get the job then I could be out of the country as early as this July on an extendable six-month contract. I'll know more by the end of next week but certainly updating the site from Spain will be more of a mission than is the case now... I'll be relying heavily on everyone's contributions to the TLs on this board. I'll take CuteFTP and a full backup with me on CD and do my best updating-wise, even if it be from a cybercafe.

Thanks though - I do appreciate the comments as lots of people go on the board but haven't necessarily explored all the sections of the actual website... :)

Hopefully if you manage to get all the updates and the new design fully implented before you go, it should just be recent tracklistings that will need uploading. It shouldn't be too bad for you, but internet cafes are a nightmare.

Any help you need, I'd be pleased to do what I can :thumbsup:

needs to be reinforced (steel) that yer doing a great job!

Have you ever been on WacADay and played Mallett's Mallett :?

timmy.jpg

That's so funny, made me crack up. :lol:

BTW Who the hell is Norris Mc.Whirter :? Never heard of him. Is it a wind up. :?:

BTW Who the hell is Norris Mc.Whirter :?  Never heard of him. Is it a wind up.  :?:

Norris McWhirter used to be the Official man behind the BBC's Record Breakers recording breaking attempts. He would explain the ins and outs behind every attempt and would then say if it was a record or not. Used to be on in the afternoons.

20c1.jpg

Sadly he died in 2004

I would also like to send out the vibes to Mr Traill for the existence of the site and the lovely downloads I am able to take home every week thank you all!! Great effort, here - have my crown!

worship.gif

Archived