Complete disregard for equipment and vinyl

Neuro

I was having a few games of pool up in College tonight and apparently there was some ball going on in the JCR. Anyway, one of the first years last weekend was playing some drum n bass, which is wicked... but not only has he left his equipment out but also all his vinyl - all just stacked up casually without their paper sleeves! This and a brand new Numark (one of Bjorns old ones in style) and a Technics 1210 MkII, plus an old pioneer mixer were just thrown in a pile in one of those brown plastic bread crates at the side.

I was distraught! Not only were all the vinyls scratched to s***, but the decks and other equipment were clearly not being looked after. Anyone could have come along and stolen the lot (though it was heavy) - easily a grand's worth of stuff there not cared for.

I'm a truly honest bloke but if there had been any rare trance in there, I'd have been tempted to take it there and then, because he clearly didn't value it... as I was sifting through the stack of vinyl, two porters and a 4th year rep came over and asked what I was fiddling around with the equipment for but I politely explained the total disregard for the equipment and tunage and recommended the lot be locked up somewhere, cos someone would walk off with the lot otherwise. In fact, I kicked up quite a fuss (maybe because of the Hoegaarden); despite this I was told "it might be better off if you left it where it is", though I suggested then that perhaps it might not be there in the morning if no-one takes any action. Absolutely unbelievable. I got my mate to take a picture of the lot because in a Uni environment theft is quick and this was gonna go in no time, given it has already sat there for 4 days.

Grrrr, does my head in - especially when I'm a student and I try and save up for all the tunes; I can't even afford a second deck, let alone a mixer - and yet this bell-end leaves all his hardware (and tunes, wtf) lying around as if it's no big deal... :evil:

Rant over.

some people have no value for money do they......

propbably sime rich kid or summat - he'll learn when it all gets knicked!!

gett hat pic off ure mate tim and post it up!

Nothing wrong with being a rich kid (though I never was) :P Why is it people get all flustered when it comes to money, and those who obtain significant wealth are ridiculed rather than praised?

Whilst I condemn the jealously and the rude attitude shown towards those more more material possession and capital it is clear that whoever's stuff that is clearly doesn't appreciate the music or it's cost = priceless. Therefore it's not the case that perhaps the student (?) has a lot of money, moreso his attitude towards it :?

Archived