Excellent Jules Interview

attilasumer

Good stuff on harderfaster.net, link here:

http://www.harderfaster.net/?sid=e5a510e79...featureid=11316

I hope that works, otherwise there's a link of the hf front page! Btw, I see Mixmag slag off the cut-up boys this month and credit it to Jules, idiots, I used to quite enjoy reading that mag.

Quote:'....namely the first half-hour of Jules's show where the Judge's studio monkeys cobble together usually out of key acapellas over donkey records that usually belong on the ring tones of teams of 15 year old muggers' Morons! At least they could get their facts right...... :evil:

Hmm that's a good one. So quite a few dates for this album supposedly coming out - now May? We await in knowing anticipation at it's (non-) release.

Quote:'....namely the first half-hour of Jules's show where the Judge's studio monkeys cobble together usually out of key acapellas over donkey records that usually belong on the ring tones of teams of 15 year old muggers' Morons! At least they could get their facts right......

I have to admit I cannot stand the Cut-up Boys' mix that take up the first 5 minutes of Jules' show every week and I have hated its inclusion ever since the new show format. Whilst I do admire how clever it is to enmesh all those tracks together like that, and whilst the quote is a bit harsh, I think it does sum up my own thoughts in a nutshell! :P

for a newbie I'm gonna be v honest now and own up to the fact that I own both their mix albums :oops: and while the 2nd disc on the new one with the trance mash ups is just pure :evil: the house disc works, maybe house lends itself to mashups better than trance. I remember so rather poor tunes Jules used to play, namely the lizard vs plummet one and that Armin v Tiesto one, Sweet Traffic or something, was a bit pants!

If honesty is the policy to adapt for today i'll be frank, i very rarely check out the first hour of Jules' show anymore, i just cannot bear the cut up nonsense and if i'm totally honest i don't think much of the house tunes he plays :( , stuff like Hi-Tac and Meck does my head in.

The second hour is still excellent mind and the afforementioned interview is top stuff, he's still the soundest bloke in dance music

I know there have been loads of comments about the show structure on here and the official board but I wish the house was done by 7.30 tbh, there's so many good trance / tech / harder tunes out there that 90mins is barely enough, esp for those that can't listen to stuff on DAB or internet radio, I think if I had free access to those then I would never do any work :wink:

No need to back down if you do like some of the Cut-up boys fella ;) Everyone has their own unique combination of musical taste. I do agree with you in that a 2 hour show still isn't enough time to showcase the trance goods (and that comes from a predominantly House-mad person myself)

Totally agree about the 1st hour. After the show moved to the later slot, Jules himself said it would give him the opportunity to play tunes that reflected the music he plays he clubs.

I only listen to the 1st hour if I have time. I always forward it to the 1 hour mark and listen form there

Archived