Paddy's Day

Bjorn

So who went out for paddy's day??

i finished lectures for the day at 12 - went straight in the SU and met a load of mates for a quick pint - that swift pint of guiness tunred into many - i had my free hat by about 2 and we stayedi n there all night, got pretty damn pissed - seen as i hadn o dinner or owt the guiness semed to fill that gap (along with many packets of crisps!)

All-day drinking is the business 8-) What did we used to do before the licensing laws allowed it :? Anyone else remember pubs shutting at 2PM and not re-opening, I think, until 7PM. I think the laws changed during the 80s, but how ancient does it sound now :lol:

I'm part Irish (my maternal grandfather is Irish -surname O'Grady)

I work in Tescos and yesterday was a non-uniform day when most of us wore something green or something to do with guinness to celebrate the day. We each donated a £1 to a kids charity. It was a good laugh.

In the evening just stayed at home and chilled out with a glass of wine and listed to part of Tongy's show and Dormouse's radio show. 8-)

Was doing an essay solidly all of that day, but did manage to slip in a few Guinnae before going out to Planet in the Union (the Uni's weekly club night... we went straight down to the main room on the bottom floor, no warm-up, lol).

Absolutely spot on Bjorn and Uber with the daytime drinking stuff, always too many packets of crisps, and always the 'surprise' of how bright it is outside when you're moving to the next bar...

Well I went down to pizza hut for lunch in the afternoon and then hit Weatherspoons where I managed to get my guiness hat!

Then down the bar and our Radio station Livewire were having a fundraiser for Radio For Development charity, I think we ended up raising over £2500 !!

And then it was on to the LCR club night where more drinking ensued. Spent a lot of money but a very good day! :D

I wish I was back at uni now. Such a piss easy life

Hardly mate - it does have its easy moments, but when the work comes, it certainly hits you. After an easy first semester, when I returned early this year for semester two they gave out a piece of coursework in EVERY module! My last one is to be handed in next week! I then break up for easter (which aint no break) cos when I return I will have me exams the week after returning! :(

I wish I was back at uni now. Such a piss easy life

Hardly mate - it does have its easy moments, but when the work comes, it certainly hits you. After an easy first semester, when I returned early this year for semester two they gave out a piece of coursework in EVERY module! My last one is to be handed in next week! I then break up for easter (which aint no break) cos when I return I will have me exams the week after returning! :(

Wait until you're doing a 9-5 Mon-Fri and see how the routine of that gets you down!

Archived