Ye Olde Tracks

Uberduck

Well done Jules for sticking a few good old un's into his 'Saturday night mix in more recent times.

Sorry if this is a subject dead and burried but haven't been on for a while. Absolute 'Rippers' in the words of Misseur Halliwell.

Happiness Happening, Pistolwhip, Mirage, Warrior, Questions, Neuro 99 (bet tim nearly spunked when that came on :wink: )....

Oh, just as I was writing this Jules answered my question. The incorporation of old tracks picked by the listeners. Sounds like a good idea to me. 'Gone but not forgotten' was always a welcome feature of saturday nights and never failed to remind of classics and times gone by.... Ah, those were the days :D .

I am, however, not one of these "Trance isn't as good as it used to be" folk. You cant get stuck in the times. The younger ones of today will be looking back in a few years and smiling over their memories of being at Gods when Marcel Woods 'Advanced' was dropped or at Passion when Sander van Doorn 'SOS' was played.

:D

LOL. Quite a few of us from this board bombarded Jules with emails requesting that he play an "old classic" each week and he has come up trumps. :D

I also really enjoyed the "gone but not forgotten" feature.

The great thing about music is that it is changing all the time so never gets boring.

Agreed. There are so many people out there stuck in the times. I feel trance is so fresh sounding at the moment and there are so many new producers, dj's, labels etc. coming through.

There's a few classics I wouldnt mind sticking into the saturday night mix.

Two that spring to mind are Yves Deruyter - Factor Y, which im playing a bit at the moment and also Yoji Biomehanika - Seduction (never got this on vinyl :cry: ).

There are loads more from that era...

Yves Deruyter - Back to Earth

Lost Witness - Seven Colours (Jon Doe Rmx)

Citizen Caned - The Journey

etc, etc, etc...... :roll:

I have got Back To Earth here actually, that morse code stuff in the middle is ace so might send it in for a future Saturday night mix, though it will need a clean if it isn't to sound as poor as Jules' copy back in 2000. :D

Archived