History of Radio 1

bigsteve

I've browsed on this site a long time ago, lots of info here, though anything previous to the 1980s I wouldn't remember :wink:

and some really interesting information on transmitters

Have you still got that scrapbook with all those photos you've taken of transmitters? I found out the grid reference for the Hemel Hempstead radio transmitter is TL088045 by the way, I know you've been looking for that for some time :thumbsup:

I found out the grid reference for the Hemel Hempstead radio transmitter is TL088045 by the way, I know you've been looking for that for some time :thumbsup:

OMG! That information is more elusive than Nimrod :lol::lol::lol: Where did you find that out :wink:

Erections of that height in the Kent area require Planning Permission from the local council. Its not often that anything that height is seen in the area :?

i think he said that he was trying to build two erections actually - one at kent and at newcastle so he can always work on one erection at a time..

thanks for that site - i've just spent my lunch hour getting all emotional at memories of Bruno Brookes presenting the chart show and Mark Goodier making LSI by The Shamen Essential New Tune - aaah, the memories, I guess I'm now making myself look rather old, hehe!! Nice one!

Erections of that height in the Kent area require Planning Permission from the local council. Its not often that anything that height is seen in the area :?

haha this is a great thread! I think Traill is erected a few antennae in his time, though as you say it seems his 'network' is down at the moment. Always a bugger, that.

Steve and atilasumer - if you two are old enough to actually remember the old Radio 1, then I would also like to join the club (albeit the younger side of 30) 8-) . Christ we'll be getting SAGA brochures in 20 years' time.

Archived