Noel Edmonds is a legend.

Quadrant

He is a superb entertainer and has shown his worth in his incredible comeback on Channel 4. People hated Noel's House Party as well in the 1990s but it attracted 17million viewers at one stage and I loved it... grab-a-grand and the "Gotcha!" features in particular. He deserves a thread on this board. All hail Noel.

edmonds.jpg

noellamb.jpg

noel_edmonds_elf_award.jpg

noeledmondsp.jpg

nbafta28.jpg

...and someone said I'd got too much time on my hands :lol::lol::lol:

The man is indeed a legend though, and goes back further - Saturday Swap Shop, Radio 1, the awful first ever Lottery show with members of the public wearing pyjama suits. The list goes on...

Deal or No Deal needs to take a break, it was compulsive viewing to start with but now its getting a bit dull, nothing new can happen really.

Give it a rest then bring it back in 6 months.

p.s glad to see after all the sh*t advice she has given out over the past few weeks that Lucy won a fiver, serves her right for tellin all those people will big sums in their boxes to play safe and take the deal. :twisted:

p.s glad to see after all the sh*t advice she has given out over the past few weeks that Lucy won a fiver, serves her right for tellin all those people will big sums in their boxes to play safe and take the deal. :twisted:

Haha! Didn't see it, but her advice was awful :lol::lol::lol: How long did she wait to get on, it must've been weeks :?

Well I still like DOND, and was satisfied that Lucy didn't win much either. I think she needed some duck tape over her mouth over the 50 shows (or however many it was) that she was on. Annoying woman.

Aren't we horrible! :roll:

Noel has been shortlisted for some award I read today in The Times...

...the worst collection of shirts award?

Don't be silly. Didn't you see that that award was already collected by Jules (on BBC2 last night) - since unlike him, Noel Edmonds does not now embrace the garish garment in the same way he did in the 80s. In fact, the shirts he has been wearing in Deal or No Deal are most acceptable.

Noel has toned down a little but his style is far from reputable :D

I think the fact that he's a bit of an oddball is part of the appeal of students in particular gettin into his show. The same happened with that Antiques muppet David d***inson who was (for a brief and regrettable period) deemed a student hero cos he was a bit of a tool, wore silly glasses and had a p*ss poor catchphrase.

What do you mean Noel's an oddball?? He's a legend! Straight as a die.

David d***enson on the other hand served time didn't he, for fraud or something. Probably trying to shift those dodgy multi-coloured glasses of his for more than the 50p they're worth.

By oddball i just mean in his mannerisms, he's almost a cult figure as was d***enson, some uber stundents tryin to identify with him cos he really shouldn't be a contemporary popular figure

I think with Noel Edmonds, he's had such a lot of trouble in the past and split up with his wife recently, and hasn't been on TV for 6 or 7 years that this is his comeback as you say. The public like figures who bounce back, and his past mistakes are often forgiven in this way.

And no-one on Earth comes close to pulling off that beard. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Its an all round game show. so simple yet so rivetting, at the end the day all truly great programs feature almost ridiculousyl simply basic ideas. Deal Or No Deal is exactly the same, identifiable with all ages yet clever enough to intruige adults

Archived