ASOT 2006

Max Kane

Tracklist finalised...

CD1:

01. Mike Foyle - Shipwrecked (John O'Callaghan vs. Mike Foyle Mix)

02. Sunlounger - White Sand (DJ Shah's Original Mix)

03. Leon Bolier feat. Elsa Hill - No Need To Come Back (Vocal Mix)

04. Matthew Dekay - Timeless (Digifruitella Dub)

05. Karen Overton - Your Loving Arms (Original Club Mix)

06. DJ Shah - Beautiful (Glimpse Of Heaven) (Long Island Dub)

07. Niyaz - Dilruba (Junkie XL Remix)

08. Basic Perspective - Small Step On The Other Side (Elevation Remix)

09. ZirenZ - Edge Of Space (White Room Remix)

10. Jody Wisternoff - Cold Drink, Hot Girl (The Original Mix / That Other Mix)

11. Incolumis - One With Sanctuary

12. Jose Amnesia vs. Shawn Mitiska - My All (Flash Brothers Remix)

13. Envio - For You (Outro Edit)

CD2:

01. Arksun - Arisen

02. Fable - Above

03. John O'Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly

04. Kyau vs. Albert - Walk Down (KvA Club Mix)

05. Kuffdam & Plant - Dream Makers (Original Mix)

06. M.I.K.E. - Voices From The Inside (M.I.K.E.'s Progressiva Mix)

07. DJ Govenor - Red Woods

08. Kyau vs. Albert - Kiksu (Original Mix)

09. Hiroyuki Oda - Transmigration

10. Under Sun vs. Signum - Captured (Sebastian Brandt Remix)

11. Mannix vs. Kaymak - World Gone Mad

12. Stoneface & Terminal - Venus

13. Armin van Buuren - Control Freak (Sander van Doorn Remix)

14. Thomas Bronzwaer - Shadow World (Original Mix)

15. Giuseppe Ottaviani & Marc van Linden - Until Monday

16. Armin van Buuren - Sail

Looks pretty good, first cd should do nicely for a nice summer afternoon, second one has a bit more bosh about it

hmm....theres been loads of random t/ls for this on various sites...according to www.freerecordshop.nl it's out on the 17th of April and ISOS 5 is on the 22nd so I'll be picking both up when I'm in Rotterdam at the end of the month - does anyone know the release dates for these 2 over here just out of interest?

Confusion reigns over the validity of this tracklist, Sincers has told me that its pretty much official cos its the one that Armada sent to Leon Boiler (who has a couple of tracks featured) so it may be more valid than i first thought. Still doesn't explain why the Armada board wana completely right it off as fake though :?:

• 1 month later...

Armada are gona release the first vinyl sampler very soon, will feature..

Sunlounger 'White Sand' (Shah Original Mix) :thumbsup:

Mike Foyle 'Shipwrecked' (Armin Intro Edit) :thumbsdown:

Jose Amnesia vs Shawn Mitiska 'My All' (Flash Brothers Rmx) :|

Sunlounger is wicked, Mike Foyle tune is dire and the piano intro is very boring, 'My All' is a superb record but the original is the tune of choice and why put it on a vinyl sampler when it's already featured on Coldharbour Selections way back in Jan and has had a full release on Coldharbour in March :roll:

Possibly, usually the samplers are very good i purchased two of the three last year and i've recently invested in the Tieso ISOSV sampler aswell, they can be useful if the correct tunes are featured. The best samplers usually come from Markus Schulz though, always three unsigned tunes or ones that are gona be signed by his own label. Coldharbour Selections are virtually essential 12''s for me to get hold of.

I think this should get a UK release on 12th June if anyone wants the CD release - pretty good, been listening since end of last month, the release aprty was good as well, damn those Dutch know how to put on a show!! Also the new Ferry album is out on friday over there so deffo gonna import that! :D

I generally look out for the 12'' samplers of albums & compilations as opposed to the actual CD itself. Usually a good way of playing stuff ages before it's released. Remember playin Tiesto's version of Adagio way before most other DJs simply cos i found the sampler on import inThree Shades.

Also managed to get hold of Eye Wall 'Bad Deal' about 6 months before that came out simply as i found it on an ASOT sampler.

playin Tiesto's version of Adagio

Im annoyed with it being on dance anthems every bloodey week it seems it fawkin gash the original, given the remixes are good but still will not beat ferrys mix of orbits version, rant over!

I agree that Ferry's version is the best one, but when the Tiesto version first came out it was pretty damn good. Remember buyin it on that sampler and spinnin it at home then hearing Armin play it on the same Friday night. Club went crazy. It's not something i would play now obviously as it's way too hard for my more sophisticated style :lol: But when it first surfaced it was class. Not my fault dangerous has ruined it :x

Im annoyed with it being on dance anthems every bloodey week it seems it fawkin gash the original, given the remixes are good but still will not beat ferrys mix of orbits version, rant over!

Spot on :)

I agree that Ferry's version is the best one, but when the Tiesto version first came out it was pretty damn good. Remember buyin it on that sampler and spinnin it at home then hearing Armin play it on the same Friday night. Club went crazy. It's not something i would play now obviously as it's way too hard for my more sophisticated style  :lol:  But when it first surfaced it was class. Not my fault dangerous has ruined it  :x

Its these bloodey chavs ringing chav anthemsa all the time thats the problem!

As for aving stuff whan big names are playing via samplers n stuff tis wicked I agree.

:lol: Gotta love that rant. Each tune is different though, i'm sure that the Hed Kandi muppets are disgusted that Tiesto has suddenly started hammering Late Night Alumni 4 months after it was out and deemed cool in funky house music circles

Love Late Night Alumni, had the vinyl for ages and ages, great stuff.

That's what i mean it's been around for ages think it was last October when it got a full Hed Kandi release, but then Tiesto all of a sudden begins to play it. He does it quite a lot, Ozgur Can 'Irony' is about a year old yet Tiesto has only just started playing it and for some reason he claims that the Hammer & Funabashi remix of AM 'Arise' is exclusive to his ISOSV album & sampler when it got a full release on Skywarp a few months back. Confusing :|

Back to the original topic :lol: , i can't quite decide it it's worth getting the 'On The Beach' sampler, i much prefer the original mix of 'My All' which i already have so probs wouldn't play the Flash Brothers Remix, cannot stand the Mike Foyle tune but i can't quite make my mind up on Sunlounger, i really liek the production on it but feel that the guitar is a bit too drawn out and takes the tune down a little. Might wait for the full release which is supposed to include a Salinas Summer mix which should have a bit more drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Have invested in the sampler and have to say i'm very happy with it, the Sunlounger tune is great for hot sunny days & having The Flash Brothers remix of 'My All' isn't a bad thing either, though it's not the best mix it is something different and could go down well.

I've also currently got the 'On The Beach' CD in the car and it's pretty cool, by no means the best ASOT cd but there are some nice tracks on there and the Matthew Dekay tune in particular stands out, may put CD2 on soon and give a verdict on that too. 8-)

Archived