Madonna Tour

attilasumer

Hey all - just wondered if anyone on here got tickets or knows anyone that got tickets to the new tour?? At £80 for the cheapest ticket I decided against it despite being a massive fan and been to the last 2 tours.....can't quite see how you can charge that much for a 2hr show...so I'm gonna try and get tickets for the show in Amsterdam when they go on sale tomorrow, where the cheapest tickets are a more reasonable £40 :) Anyone been to the Amsterdam Arena at all? What did you think??

Will probably be slated for this but hey who cares...

In my humble opinion Madonna is the most over-rated performer out there, the very fact that she gets so much praise for her 'reinvention' is nothing but more proof at how superficial the pop industry is, she is far from a trailblazer as she is portrayed, simply cottoning on to the latest uber fad and capitalising.

Take her work with William Orbit, she didn't head hunt him or set out to get him, she simply saw that he was the 'in' producer and got him. Same with Mirwais and now she's decided that dance is the genre to cash in on, so has recruited Stuart Price.

Not to mention she wrote the worst ever Bond theme. Oh yeh and then there's her lyrical genius with such gems as 'ring ring ring goes my telephone' and 'i'm drivin a mini cooper and i'm feelin super-duper'

Sorry to rant but i cannot stand the woman, feel free to shoot down my musical tastes aswell people. :wink:

hehe - yeh, the mrs has more or less the same view point, while she likes the majority of the tunes she agrees with the genre-hopping, wonder if Orbit would have said no to producing would she be as popular these days....still as a fan I'm just amazed that one performer could charge £160 for the best seats at a gig :shock: When one gig is more than a 3-day festival something is pretty wrong - having said that all sold out in about an hour!! Wish I was loaded, hehe!

Sorry to rant but i cannot stand the woman, feel free to shoot down my musical tastes aswell people.

I agree with you Bom, I read an artical once that she supposidly writes her music the arranges for a group of people to come and listen to her work then vote on what tunes she should realses! This could therefore be classed as source of market research as she lacks confidence in choosing the right music to cash in on.

If this is true, then in my opion if she is going to charge that amount then she should be able to make produce without testing it first if that makes scense?

Above & Beyond remix of 'What it Feels Like...' was excellent the original wasn't the greatest though.

Another gripe i have is that really if we're honest 'Hung Up' should have been titled...

Stuart Price vs. Abba feat, Madonna - Hung Up.

Stuart arranged it and mixed an old Abba sample and Madonna just tagged on some ropey lyrics and pranced about in the video like a tart :!:

Above & Beyond remix of 'What it Feels Like...' was excellent the original wasn't the greatest though.

Forgotten about that tune, which I have at home, it's going on the decks when I get back to Derby later! :D

well I decided to go to one of the shows in Amsterdam as the cheapest tickets over there are £40, tho with flight it may work out about £80 in total at least I 'll get a decent view and more of an atmos than rubbish Wembley Arena, 7 nights now there.....I'd like to meet her accountant, haha!! Interesting to see peeps opinions tho, thanks for your comments.

Archived