Jason Still - 'Superman'

Ok, so it sounds a little cheesy. Download it from the jj.net board though, and I swear you will be humming it all afternoon. In fairness, it took me a while to warm to Karl G's Coldplay remix too, and that doesn't stop it being an essential track now 8)

Any other thoughts about it?

I never heard the original from which it's sampled...

I'm afraid I'm not really one for blaring melodic trancers as you know, prefer the more subtle approach in tracks personally! Hence as you say I still find Karl G's coldplay remix only just about gets away with it :wink: :D

Having said that Choc Boy or whatever he's called has had a good stab at this version, and I'm not surprised that Jules played it to be honest - he has an eye for these things if they have even a whiff of something catchy about them, and as far back as I can remember he's always keen to nab them first!

Lol, i think I am. it's one of those love/hate things I reckon. Even made a little 3 track mix with it in the beginning, seeing how it would work. Edited out all the crap in the middle, linking the 2 breakdowns. Mixed out of the now one extended breakdown into Ratty's 'Sunrise'. And it sounds ok :)

I'm obsessed...

I'm still undecided yet.

What is good, is the amount of support Jules is giving these tunes lately. What with Twist You Much, Karl G's Speed of Sound mix, and now Jason Still's efforts, Jules is really giving the help these relatively new boys a helping hand in life. Good luck to one and all 8)

yeh, I agree Steve!

Ok, so I dl'ed some free editing software and gave it a little go. not a lot has changed, except the large chunk in the middle, hahah. Added a bit of flanging for good measure too. it's my first attempt at any sort of production, but I think it's passable (Although, there is a weird flaw at about 3m30sec that I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it).

Could I upload it somewhere, Tim?

Yep, email it to me and I'll do it and give you the link - remember I'm away from Friday so no uploads until OCTOBER after then... :?

I'll make sure there are some special Jules mixes for y'all to download when I do get back tho :wink:

get paid f*** all tho for the hours that teachers do - both my parents are teachers - they do work everynight and probably get about 2 hours each night to put their feet up - but im gonna avoid all that cos i want to be a P.E teacher!

Archived