Progress Classics Last Night

Whoa, wikked night considering....... :shock:

Not the best start as at about 3pm i find out that the club due to being re-opened has fire safety issues that prevent if from been opened, hmm, not good!

Anyway, there was pre party at a bar owned by the nightlcub anyway for the night so instead the night is moved there as they had a late license anyway!

the pre-party was house and dance classics so they sort of combined the two so to start with there were tunes like Chemical Bros - Star Guitar , Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fanatsy - a wide range, then toward 3am the owner of progress came on the decks and started trancing it up, proper bo!

We were all loving it big time, tunes i can remember now are:-

Lucid - Can't Help Myself

Delerium - Silence

Three Drives - Greece 2000 (beat ya wakester :wink:)

Moonman - Don't Be Afraid (Ferry Corsten Remix)

10 revolutions - Time For The Revolution

Kick ass remix of Sweet dreams

and..

Gouryella - Gouryella with the owner scratching over the top, mental!! :P

Help me out wakey, my memory is poo!

Met up with the little wakester in rev's beforehand, had a top top top night, stayed right till the end and it didn;t half make me laugh when a bar guy tried to tell the owner pete to tunr the music off - he told him to f*** off! lmao!

got a couple of pics here but not many - my mates photogrpahy skills weren't up 2 much, but i know wakey ahs some really good ones so get them up asap chief!!

Dj using final scrath in revolution! played sum quality house!

CIMG1634.jpg

Me & Tommy B

CIMG1667.jpg

The board trio!! Me, The one and only Wakester and Higgzy!

CIMG1652.jpg

There he is!!

CIMG1643.jpg

Good pics lads - didnt know wakey and bjorn knew each other? or was it just a board meet up? Bjorn also - hate to bring this up again - but I question the colour of your friend's attire here:

CIMG1667.jpg

nah we didn;t, first time we met up!

u tryna poke the finger at me or something quadders? how can i be responsible for tom's choice of clothing eh!!

i bet u wear pink all the time, some sort of defense mechansim against yourself :lol:

Some of the tunage looks mint mate, always a bit hit n miss classics nights i.m.o, Not the biggest fan of them as i think the whole idea of a classic tune in a set is that its not expected.

Remember hearing PvD play basically a set full of his own edits and forthcoming stuff with loads of unknown tunes then out of nowhere he went on a run of 'Nothing But You', 'Crush', & 'Time of Our Lives' it just means more when they're out of the blue in my opinion.

Ferry @ Global 04 played a classics/producer set which was the most enjoyable one i've ever seen. But then i think Ferry's portfolio and back catalogue means he could get away with it.

Ferry @ Global 04 played a classics/producer set which was the most enjoyable one i've ever seen. But then i think Ferry's portfolio and back catalogue means he could get away with it.

definately agree there matey, if i had to pick one producer who has consistently acheived extremely highly then it would be ferry. he doesn;t take the piss either, PVD absolute bums his own tunes - ferry only usually plays his current tune to promote it which is cool. I saw a new cd mixed by Steve O'callaghan the other day, on one cd, no joke out of 14 tracks they must have been 10 of either his own tunes or collaborations, thats just f***ing w***, i msorry but he might as well release an album. Piss take if u ask me!

Agree hate self indulgent producers. Sometimes a personal producers set is cool but only when its in a club, puttin out a CD or mix that's chock full of your own stuff is rubbish. Granted you make the tunes and you want em out there but they should be made & played sparingly.

PvD does play a lot of his won records but i let him off, he's a legend and i also love the way he edits tunes to get them into his set when they usually wouldn't fit. His edit of Holden & Thompson 'Nothing' is absolute magic.

Top night boys!

Really enjoyed it. Yeah myself and Bjorn have known we lived in the same place for a while but never had the chance to meet up on a night out.

I was well pleased with how Progress turned out for saying it got moved from the club to Whites. Whites was well busy though and the outdoor courtyard is realy cool.

To be honest Bjorn I think you've remembered more tunes than I can, Gouryella - Gouryella was wicked near the end, Pete's scratching over the top was good!!

Here's a few of my pics -

003.jpg

Bjorn, Me, Higgzy

004.jpg

Higgzy & his Girlfriend

0011.jpg

Bjorn, Me, Joe Motion

005.jpg

Bjorn & Calvin

009.jpg

Pete Wye the owner and the little red house!!

haha lol! Love the picters Wakey, like you i was impressed by the effort whites made considering it was not at the GATEHOUSE, the wether also did the event a small favour too as, if it had of rained it may of been even more packed then it was and the overflow to the courtyard may have not be as inviting!

Archived