David Amo & Julio Navas 'Electronic Electro'

Max Kane

Gettin a bit worried by some of Armin's tunage choices lately, he hammered the original of Mode Hookers 'Breathe' & was all over Pryda 'Aftermath'.

Lately he's started playin this tripe along with Yos***oshi 'Du What U Du'

Don't really like the way he's infusing more electro tunes into sets, and pretty poor electro tunes at that

Ferry went through the electro phase didn't he but that was out of frustration at what he called "over-produced", formulated Trance coming out of the millennium period.

Ferry's electro phase (though i didn't really enjoy it that much) was cool. He produced his own stuff and completely re-vamped his whole sound, which i think has to be credited as it's him sayin 'balls to this formulaic rubbish, i'm changin things for good.'

Contrast to this it seems that Armin is (to an extent) just tryin to cash in on the electro niche. He's not changing his style just simply playin and releasing toned down monotonous electro tinged music to cash in on that market.

It's kinda the same thing that Pete Tong does. Instead of seeking to set a trend Tongey just jumps on the nearest bandwagon and somehow continues to be proclaimed a savior and trend setter. Remember Tong banging out trance on the Essential Selection in 99, then suddenly disregarding it when it was proclaimed dead? Now we see him playlisting this minimal stuff, no coincidence that it's been hailed as the big dance music genre of the moment?

There was a rich list of BBC Radio DJs leaked a couple of days ago to cause maximum embarassment to the BBC. Tong tops the dance DJs on Radio 1, earning a reported £70,000 a year but there are others with far more, mostly from Radio 2.

From The Sun/Media Guardian:

The BBC is to launch an internal investigation after the salaries of EastEnders stars and Radio 1 DJs were leaked to the press.

BBC sources fear that revelations in the Sun about the Radio 1 breakfast DJ Chris Moyles' £630,000 annual salary and soap actor Ross Kemp's £380,000 pay packet could be the tip of the iceberg and more of the corporation's stars will have their wages laid bare.

The corporation believes a BBC insider may have accessed a computer database containing extensive staff salary details and is investigating where the security lapse could have occurred.

A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "Clearly we are very unhappy that this information has been leaked and we are looking in to it."

The salary details of eight of Radio 1's highest-profile DJs have been published in the Sun today, putting Moyles as the top earner, while dance DJ Pete Tong gets £70,000.

Mid-morning host Jo Whiley is cited as earning £250,000, compared with Sara Cox's £200,000 for two weekend shows a week, while double act Edith Bowman and Colin Murray are said to earn £175,00 and £170,000 respectively. Scott Mills and Zane Lowe earn £130,000 a piece, according to the Sun's report.

Last month the same Sun reporter, Julie Moult, revealed the salaries of a host of EastEnders' stars, including Barbara Windsor's and Steve McFadden's £360,000 pay packet, and Dot Cotton actor June Brown's £370,000 salary.

And Bom you couldn't be more wrong in you'r coment about electro IMO :!:

How Cox gets more per show than Tong is amazing. All she does is ramble on about babies and kids  :?

Can't bear listening to her voice, she gets on my nerves as she talks aload of rubbish and she sort of mumbles her way through her sentences. I can't make out what she is talking about most of the time. It amazes me how she got the job. :evil: :thumbsdown:

Sara Cox does my head in, I can't believe how much she's on.

I do try and catch Tongy when I can. He plays some really good upfront house, and I like how his show is quite varied genre wise. He also steers away from the more commercial stuff which I like.

I do try and catch Tongy when I can. He plays some really good upfront house, and I like how his show is quite varied genre wise. He also steers away from the more commercial stuff which I like.

Likewise. 8-) However do prefer Jules's Show as I suppose l'm more into Funky House and Trance.

Archived