Judge Jules - post 9/11 Radio 1 show

Neuro

A must-have download for everyone here. Jules' mournful amended Radio 1 show immediately after the 9/11 US attacks meant that the guestlist part 1+2, the Webchart, and all shouts were scrapped - therefore allowing the music to take the helm in a mix-orientated fashion, much like the old Friday-night show.

A number of tunes held particular significance here, most notably "Hey Little Girl". BodyShock is my favourite here though, the unusual breakdown creating what at the time was a surreal atmosphere.

Most notable is the way Jules used to start a mix after an advert without saying anything.

15/09/01

Saturday, 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Special mix-orientated show in memory of those affected by September 11 events

01. Iio - 'Rapture' (J Creamer & Stephane K Mix) [Data]

02. G Club pres. Banda Sonora - 'Guitarra G' [Defected]

03. Silicone Soul - 'Right On, Right On' [soma/VC]

04. Mathias Schaffhäuser- 'Hey Little Girl' (Unknown Mix) [supastar]

05. Salt Tank feat. Neve - 'Eugena (I Want To Be Free)' (?Club Mix) [Lost Language]

06. Tu Amour - 'Tu Amour' [Perfecto]

07. PPK - 'Resurrection' (?Space Club Mix) [Perfecto]

08. Angelic - 'Stay With Me' (Mark O'Toole Mix) [serious]

09. Unknown - 'Rockin On Sunshine' [white label] (? http://www.discogs.com/release/73367)

10. Slymixer - 'Remember Camels' [white label SLMX001]

11. Push - 'The Legacy' [inferno]

Judge Jules' Tried & Tested

12. Logo - 'Don't Panic' (The Green Martian Remix) [Manifesto]

13. Junior Jack - 'Thrill Me' [PIAS]

14. Side FX - 'Feel The Beat' [Le Petit Prince]

15. Motivation - 'Para Mi' (Silvio Encomo Mix) [Definitive]

16. Motivation - 'Para Mi' (Intrique Deep Bass Attack) [Definitive]

17. Freak Machine - 'Fantasy' [Tidy Trax]

18. DJ Garry - 'Dream Universe' (?Red Square or ?Blue Square Mix?) [Xtravaganza]

-->?19. BodyShock - 'Rain In The City' [bonzai]

20. The Lounge - 'Shades' [bonzai]

21. DJ Tiësto - 'Suburban Train' [black Hole]

Download complete show here: - right-click + Save Target As...

Tracks 1 to 12: Part 1 (160kbps - 69.6MB)

Tracks 13 to 21: Part 2 (160kbps - 52.9MB)

Well here we are everyone - a superb sound quality recording up for grabs now. Definitely one of my most-listened to batch of MDs that I've spliced together for 2 downloads (links in main post). Enjoy.

If people can figure out some of the missing info and remixers as well, that'd be great.

Just listening to the first download now, Traill (whilst downloading 2nd half) - kicks off the show mixing from the first tune! I'm not sure Jules has ever done that. Will report back here when I've digested the lot anyway - nice sound quality btw. :)

Think it was the Space Club Mix of PPK, not a tune that endears itself for a long period of time though, after about 15 or so plays it just started to do my head in completely. Remember Oakie gettin slated for playin it a lot again last year at WMC

Thanks Tim. I've also downloaded it as l only had part of it on tape. Looking forward to listening to it in full. Absolutely love that Bodyshock tune "Rain in the City"

I remember feeling pretty nervous as l flew out to Australia (via Singapore) with a friend on 20th Sep 2001. I flew with Singapore Airlines which was packed solid due to BA and American airlines not flying due to the horrors of 9/11.

Thanks Tim. I've also downloaded it as l only had part of it on tape.  Looking forward to listening to it in full. Absolutely love that Bodyshock tune "Rain in the City"

Bodyshock tune is great, you're right also Traill about him launching into mixes with no DJ chitchat, those were the days!

Does anyone know the mix of this:

5. Salt Tank feat. Neve - 'Eugena' (Unknown Remix) [Lost Language]  

:?:

Will try and ID it mate, I have Eugina on vinyl so......

Just listened to it, dont recognise that mix! :o

Thanks for the uploads by the way mate, Logo - Don't Panic is such a great track, got it on now ;) I also love that 3rd track, so funky! :) Silicone Soul rules.

Already said Body shock is my fav in there. In fact the 2nd half is better than the first in my opinion, but that might be just because it's nearly all mixed 8-)

• 9 months later...

Archived