Last hour of... a Jules Friday night show (14/05/99)

Neuro

Many thanks to Stringer for this unedited last hour; had this on tape myself for a very long time and remember it well! Squeezing in all those tunes isn't a bad effort either, check out all the mixing as well and reminisce..... 8-)

12. Ian M - 'Dreamer' [Tidy Trax]

13. Praga Khan - 'Lonely' [Finger Licking Good]

14. Jens - 'Psycho Strings' (Unknown Remix) [white label]

15. The Blockster - 'Grooveline' (Matt Darey Remix) [white label]

16. Dope Smugglaz - 'Double Dutch' [white label]

17. Mfon - 'Dance Of The Drunken Mantis' [soma]

18. Grace - 'Not Over Yet' (Breeder Remix) [white label]

19. Agenda - 'Heaven' (Lange Remix) [iNCredible Traxx]

20. Allure - 'When She Left...' [white label]

Judge Jules' half-hour Mix

21. The Persuaders - 'Mercurial (Want To Live Forever)' (Vox Mix) [white label]

22. ATB - '9pm Til I Come' (Matt Darey Remix) [white label]

23. The Morrighan - 'Remember (To The Millennium)' (Lange Remix) [white label]

24. Icon - 'Voco Me' [white label]

25. Serious Danger - 'Do You Dream?' [white label]

26. Unknown - 'Electronic Battle Babies Vol. 1' [white label]

27. Rob 'n' Joe - 'Beat Is Flow 99' [white label]

28. Donnatella - 'The Journey' [white label]

Download: Part 2 (45.9MB)

I don't remember this show at all but it's quite good. Electronic Battle Babies is just silly, was it ever released? Agenda + heaven is brilliant, totally forgot about that and I hadn't heard the breeder remix of not over yet before. Persuaders!! Doesn't that sample Queen? not sure but I like it, don't think that was released either.

My favourite piece of mixing is ATB into The Morrighan in that mix, when that bassline is pushed through :D

I remember that electronic battle babies tune now, had completely forgotten about it. Shall have to download this and have a listen to remind myself of it but from memory it was pretty random/funny..

I'm sure the tune was Jules' original inspiration for his Nappy Hardcore track. Original maybe, but a bit strange... I can't find a release for it anywhere on discogs.com :?

This download's worth it just for Jules' quip at the start - something about cattleprods, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Remember this, brings back good memories, when everything was on vinyl rather than cdr, Electronic battle babies - vol 1 was available on the record label bm22, was deleted in 99. some copies are still floating about. :roll:

Remember this, brings back good memories, when everything was on vinyl rather than cdr, Electronic battle babies - vol 1 was available on the record label bm22, was deleted in 99. some copies are still floating about.  :roll:

That's very useful info, cheers for that :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board!

My abiding memory of this set was turning the tape over just in time to record the half hour mix - and hearing that breakdown in The Persuaders for the first time, on a dark, cold night....

• 7 months later...

Archived