MSN Nackered

Max Kane

Tried to sign into msn today as usual and get the compulsoray update message telling me i need to download verison 9.5 or whatever it is, i've had these a lot in the past and have managed to ignore them and get around it, allowing me to log into msn a bit later on without the needless update. However this time i cannot log in at all as i'm told its now 100% needed.

I try downloading the new version but it gets so far and tells me i need to download loads of other sh*t from microsoft to get it working. Having tried and failed to download said other sh*t i now cannot get into msn at all, and my pc looks totally screwed.

Any ideas?

uninstall msn completely from rue computer - u need to go into 'add/remove programes' get rid of any current updated versions u have and go into windows components in the same menu and get rid of the original messenger then download the newest verison from windows and try that.

Tried that mate, completely removed everything msn from the comp, then when i tried to get the new version from msn.com it came up with the same messages. Like download new components etc...

Not sure that will work mate, its an actual problem with the microsoft software needing to be updated, i have no problem with doing this but for some reason the newer version of internet explorer that i need will not download, it gets part way thru then cuts out everytime.

You can get by with Messenger 8.0 Beta - uninstall everything MSN-related on your PC, I've sent you an invitation to download it (check your hotmail), hopefully this will work, it seemed less buggier and cleaner when I installed it :wink:

Cheers for the heads up mate but i don't have XP unfortunately, so cannot install Messenger Live.

What does "heads up" mean? :oops:

What is yer windos then ME? 2000?

Windows 3.1 isn't it? :wink:

This is doin my head in now, msn won't allow me to log into version 6.2 as it says i must upgrade to sign in. The upgrade won't work cos i don't have internet explorer version 6.

So i try to download internet explorer vol 6 thru msn.com, it gets so far then cuts out, saying setup could not be completed as other programs are running close other programs and try again, firstly there are no others running so f*ck that (sorry i'm gettin really riled by this now)

Secondly when i go to re-try the message comes up that i have a set up which is running but the comp needs re-starting in order for it to complete. When i re-start i go back to set-up it cuts out and tells me to close other programs again :twisted: i won't type what i think of it saying that. Basically my comp is stuck in a loop wherby it cannot download net explorer vol 6. meaning i cannot get new msn and cannot sign in with the old version. A version i was quite hapy using, i mean i dnt wana video conference on msn or talking audio wise, if i wana meet someone i'll do it if i wana hear em i'll f*cking phone em won't it?

RANT OVER

i mean i dnt wana video conference on msn or talking audio wise, if i wana meet someone i'll do it if i wana hear em i'll f*cking phone em won't it?

This is so true, all this extra stuff might look cool but as a normal user we're just not interested in having a 23-user video conference with webcams and split private multi-audio conversations. We can go to the pub and meet them instead. Must be doing your nut, Tom - don't know what to suggest really :?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived