Live from the University of Durham, The Margot Fonteyn Ballroom

01. Blaze feat. Palmer Brown - 'My Beat' (Jan Driver Vocal Mix) [Neo]

02. Eric Del Mar - 'Freeland' [Challenge]

03. Hi-Gate - 'Work It Out' [incentive]

04. The Science Of Rhythm - 'Work' [stop Start]

05. Ben Sims - 'Manipulated' (Adam Beyer Mix) [Primate]

06. Hi-Gate - 'You & Me' [incentive]

07. The Warp Brothers - 'We Will Survive' [NuLife]

08. DJ Dan pres. Needle Damage - 'That Zipper Track 2001' (DJ Elite's That Fuct Needle Mix) [Moonshine]

09. Pepper Sweeney - 'H4U' [React]

10. Transgenic Tools Vol. 1 - 'Butterflies' (Chrysalis Cloning Mix) [Propane]

11. DJ Elite - 'That Fuct Camera' [No label]

12. Unknown - 'Martha Artha' (A Hi-Gate production) [white label]

13. Groove Asylum - 'Don't 1' [Don't]

14. Vincent de Moor - 'Fly Away' (The Thrillseekers Remix) [VC]

15. Push - 'Strange World' (2000 Remake) [bonzai]

16. Mekka - 'Diamond Back' (Angeles Mix) [Perfecto]

17. Unknown - 'Unknown' (A Hi-Gate production) [white label]

18. Mario Piu pres. DJ Arabesque - 'The Vision' [Nukleuz]

19. David Forbes - 'Questions Must Be Asked' (Kayestone Mix) [Eve/Serious]

20. Intimo - 'Retention' [XTC]

21. Mark 'Ruff' Ryder - 'Joy' (Electrique Boutique Mix) [Relentless]

22. Marc Et Claude - 'Lovin You' (Ratty Mix) [Positiva]

23. Ratty - 'Sunrise (Here I Am)' [Neo]

24. Barcode Brothers - 'Dooh Dooh' [universal]

25. Jakatta - 'American Dream' (Lucid Mix) [Rulin]

A couple of shelved Hi-Gate productions in there, as ID'd by Jules. God knows why he didn't release them!

Download: (please right-click + "Save Target As...")

Part 1 (tracks 1 to 13) - 59.15MB

Part 2 (tracks 13 - 25) - 57.55MB

Simcut suggested making the Jules audio area members only, so that any old hack can't download these sets without joining the board, which I think is a good idea, but I want randomers to come on here and see the files and banter for themselves as well. I might password protect these files in the future. Hope you enjoy these for the time being though! 8-)

Remember hearing this one live all those years back, 'Needle Damage' and 'That Fuct Camera' were my highlights. It's testament to DJ Elite that some random bootleg he made still gets hammered today by people like Fergie.

Sorry, I downloaded this but I had every intention of posting once I'd listened to it all! Definitely one of the best Uni sets, i like the second half with Push, Intimo etc but what about that barcode brothers song?? A bit random, and they could have thought of a better title - "dooh dooh"?? Come on! :D

Oh and can I say I've never seen the attraction to that DJ Elite camera track.... "...cameras ready, FLASH" - what? It's just annoying! Jules used to cane it though.

Oh and can I say I've never seen the attraction to that DJ Elite camera track.... "...cameras ready, FLASH" - what? It's just annoying!  Jules used to cane it though.

It's nothin amazing but in a club it feels like the earth is shaking, makes everyone go nuts normally.

Cheers for posting the set, downloading now but i used to have this on tape. As far as I remember it was the better of the 4 Uni sets Jules Broadcast in a 4 week series.

Oh and can I say I've never seen the attraction to that DJ Elite camera track.... "...cameras ready, FLASH" - what? It's just annoying! Jules used to cane it though.

I can see why some people would find this annoying but personally I love it, was at God's Kitchen last weekend to see Fergie and it still got played there 6 years on... I certainly went mad for it.

Fair enough Mr Tremor! It must be one of those that sounds better in a club 8-) I agree that this was the best of the Uni tours, I like the second half in particular.

Traill when are you going to post the Portsmouth and Worcester ones up?

Ben Sims - Manipulated.... this is a cool track, i remember wanting to get this when i first heard the mix but never did. enjoying listining to this set again  :)

Always about the Adam Beyer remix, awesome tune!

My favourite moment in this is actually right at the start of the second download where Jules mixes these two together:

13. Groove Asylum - 'Don't 1' [Don't]

14. Vincent de Moor - 'Fly Away' (The Thrillseekers Remix) [VC]

It's a real transition point in the recording, a half-way mark if you like. What an atmosphere. I can so imagine it as well in our Student Union :)

I finally got around to listen this set through... MAN!!

Im still not sure which Uni set i think of as the best, but this is on Top 2 :)

btw, is it just me, or is there used a short sample of the James Bond theme in this track:

12. Unknown - 'Martha Artha' (A Hi-Gate production) [white label]

tweaked like hell of course, but... hmm :shock:

Greets Traill for preserving this baby!

• 9 months later...

I agree that Flash gets boring fairly quickly after the main part, but the build up is amazing, and the beats are hard as hell. Heard Jules play this out twice. Can't describe the feeling when this one kicks in. FLASH! :thumbsup:

Thanks for postin this one TRAIL. Nice one.

Archived