Dodgy Vinyl

Max Kane

:evil: Gutted, my copy of Johan Gielen 'Physical Overdrive' is nackered! The vinyl itself isn't completely flat, which to be fair isn't all that irregular, it proves a bugger to cue up as it skips a lot and the needle will jump easily, usually after a few weeks on the pile it'll flatten out and be ok

However this copy is totally screwed whenever it plays the section of the vinyl that isn't flat it slows down to the point where it's so bloody obvious the vocals sound like i've physically put my finger on the vinyl. Means i must send it back to chemical ( :x ) and wait for another copy to be sent, making the tune unavailable for sunday.

I've thrown dictionaries and Guinness Book of Records on top of warped vinyl on a hard surface and if you're patient it does flatten out, particularly if the room changes temperature (which is NOT ideal for the rest of your records).

I prefer the chunky, heavy vinyl and not the flimsy ones too Steve!

Going back to Tom's problem of it sounding like it's slowing down, anyone with half a musical ear will hear that so definitely worth changing :)

Might just be a bad pressing though - my copy of P.O.S. Gravity is absolutely flat, and the A side is fine but the remix on the other sounds like the pitch wavers constantly - very annoying so I went and bought the mp3 of that mix :(

It's going back for sure, the vinly is very very thin aswell which i hate they seem to skip miles out of position with even the slightest touch, the old ID&T vinyls were the best chunky as ... well ya get the picture, sometimes would have to forcefully shove it to get it moving, much much better that way

Archived