PVD @ Passion 27.05.06

thought i'd better review it for ya:

The night was started by Andy Bagguley & Marc West B2B. As far as warm-up sets go this wasnt the best. This may sound odd as I know it was only a warm-up but it lacked a bit of energy. Andy Moor was pretty good and played a lot harder than I would have expected. I guess you'd associate him with the more melodic side of trance. Not that I'm complaining :wink: .

PVD as we've all come to expect was awsome. Playing from his usuall Mac setup he had around 3-3.5hrs. You can get on a level with the DJ at passion whilst still being able to dance so this gave a good view of his setup. The way he uses the MAc is mind boggling. He was also using the M-audio effects unit which I have to say really impressed me. He brought his own mixer. It was some form of Allen & Heath mixer (not the common X-zone model). Half the tracks he was mixing out of the break and using the effects units all the way through the mix.

Tracks played inc.

For an angel

Nothing but you

Times of our lives

Elektro Fun

Your Eyes

Without You

Cant think of any more off the top of my head. :? At the end of his set all the chavs bolted for the exit. This was cool as it left the 'proper clubbers' for Simon Patterson. More space to dance aswell as during PVD you could hardly move!!

Simon Patterson was pretty good too.

The amount of geeks fighting for PVD's autograph/picture was unreal. Makes me laugh really as its obviously such a novelty for them to see such a DJ. Some people just spent the night with their faces pressed against the glass to booth just watching and never dancing. :?

All in all a top night!

Sounds good matey - i hjad a couple of mates who went to this, said it rocked big time, said it was rediculously rammed too but an epic night!

Patts can't of been too impressed - PVD dropped 'Without U' as his last tune b4 patts apparently, haha!!

Good report dude (i just deleted the 2 repeat posts u made :wink: )

PvD is a bit weird he ignored 'Without You' right the way through last year and then all of a sudden picked up on it at the start of this year and has been hammering it ever since, not on really playin it as last tune would have thought he'd show more class

Good report dude (i just deleted the 2 repeat posts u made  :wink: )

Oops. Didnt notice that. My computer went all slow when I was trying to post. Cheers :wink: .

Guess PVD was just trying to create a link into Patterson. Like I said, he played 'Your Eyes' a couple of tracks previous to 'Without You'.

It was some of PVD's mixing out of the break that puzzled me. Yeah it sounded great on some tracks but if I remember right he did it out of 'For an Angel'. Thats one track you'd want to hear right through if any. :?:

Perhaps. Can really remember.

The comedy moment of the night was definitely supplied by PVD. He undid his belt and whilst putting it back on again, somehow managed to trap the headphone wire inside. He then took a step back and precceded in nearly pulling the mixer off the stand. He totally s**t himself. Bet the mixer is worth a fortune! :lol::lol:

He brought his own mixer. It was some form of Allen & Heath mixer (not the common X-zone model)

Would it be this?

a_h_xone_3d_450.jpg

Made to be usesd with ableton...

What a perlava, does he really need to lug that around and 16 laptops to every gig? I couldn't be arsed. lol Uberduck, with him nearly pulling the whole lot onto the floor :lol:

Archived