T&D - Encoder

Briggsy

Hi guys,

A while back (December-ish), Jules was playing a tune called "Encoder" by "T&D" - but i've never heard any more of this tune or anything about a release date, etc.

Does anyone know any more about it and whether its been signed to a label, etc?

Cheers guys

Sorry dude, no idea..

i see it was played here -

17/12/05

Harder Tried & Tested

13. The Searchers - 'My Life' [white label]

14. BKR feat. Southeast - 'Brazilian Heat' [Frisbee]

15. Future Funk - 'S.O.S' (Sander van Doorn Mix) [white label]

16. Marco V - 'Red, Blue, Purple' [in Charge]

17. Sassot - 'Perfume' [white label]

18. Perfect 10 - 'Pacific 202' (F&W Remix) [white label]

The Saturday Night Mix (30 minutes)

19. DuMonde & Judge Jules - 'I Feel You' [white label]

20. Airbase - 'Escape' [intuition/Fundamental]

21. Hemstock & Jennings - 'Babylon 06' [white label]

22. Headstrong - 'Show Me The Love' (Adam White Remix) [DP]

23. Guiseppe Ottaviani - 'Linking People' [white label]

24. T&D - 'Encoder' [white label]

If it's down as white it'll be very hard to track, the radio one tracklists monkey's do their very best to cock up the spelling and names of tunes aswell most of the time. Remember Jules being told by Montana that he'd been giving out the wrong name of a tune for 6 weeks on the show at the advice of his R1 team. It's probably a completely unrelated artist or tune and you'll see it soon coming out under a completely different guise and title :roll:

Yeah, they're not the greatest with tracklists to be honest, although in Jules's defence, I can imagine with the amount of CD's he gets handed at gigs, etc - some of the handwriting must be hard to read - which was the case with Montana's - Chrome tune if I remember Jules's saying rightly.

"Encoder" is a nice tune though - I remember Jules playing it at GodsKitchen in December (which was before he played it On Radio 1 and where I heard it first). It samples a formula 1 car and should be great to mix with :D

Like a lot of tunes that Jules plays though, it'll probably never see the light of day :(

"Encoder" is a nice tune though - I remember Jules playing it at GodsKitchen in December (which was before he played it On Radio 1 and where I heard it first). /quote]

Ahhh another GK attender, you head down often mate? I was there at that night in December aswell :P

To be honest mate, that was the first time i'd ever been despite only living half an hour away.

Unfortunately, none of my mates are into dance music at all -they're all into their Keane, Coldplay and other noisy stuff, so its VERY rare I can find someone that'll come along with me. A night out alone isn't much fun :lol:

I'm from Coventry mate, not far away at all from Gods.

There's been a few nights there i've wanted to go to recently (particularly the Eddie H and Marcel Woods night), but with my mates having dodgy taste in music, there's fat chance LOL.

Are you a regular yourself then mate (well, before recent times where you've struggled)?

I must admit, I wouldn't go to all the nights there anyway because i'm quite fussy about my taste in Trance - I like my stuff quite driving and pounding (which is why I like Jules really) - I can't be doing with minimal, proggy yawn-fest stuff like Armin, Jon O' Bir, etc :lol:

I must admit, I wouldn't go to all the nights there anyway because i'm quite fussy about my taste in Trance - I like my stuff quite driving and pounding (which is why I like Jules really) - I can't be doing with minimal, proggy yawn-fest stuff like Armin, Jon O' Bir, etc  :lol:

:lol: with my show being called 'The Progressive Showcase' i probably won't see ya at many nights :lol:

I'm from Sedgley just outside of Wolverhampton. used to go virtually every week back in 04 but with it moving to saturdays and with the lineups going rapidly downhill i've stayed clear a lot more than i'd like.

Remember Jules being told by Montana that he'd been giving out the wrong name of a tune for 6 weeks on the show at the advice of his R1 team.. :roll:

How do you mean at the advice of R1? Have they misled us deliberately all these years?

What for 6 weeks running? lol.

The way i remember reading was that someone had basically read Jules the wrong name and subsequently he assumed that the incorrect name was the actual title of the track, it was only when he met Montana that he was corrected

• 3 years later...

Just found this thread - T&D - Encoder is actually a track of mine! I produced it years ago and was thrilled to have it played on Jules' show and also in Godskitchen. Great to see that people have so many good comments for it! It was never actually released, although I had some initial interest after Jules played it. If anyone wants it I can send you the mp3. I've since given up on the music production but glad to have reached my goal of having a track played out.

Regards

Gareth

What for 6 weeks running? lol.

Going back to T&D - I see Armin has also played this, but can't find any info on the tune either :(

Hi Quadrant - Please tell me more about Armin playing T&D Encoder! Never heard of any other DJ playing my track but sounds great if he did! See the mp3 link on this page - you're welcome to download Encoder if you wish.

Regards

G

Archived