MY 1st Online Mix - Beware!

Bjorn

ok, my first online mix courtesy of timmeth bellendeth asscociates, i thank u!

firstly, it aint a great mix, watch out for when i bring in dark side of the moon - oops!!

but, i thought i'd finally whack one of here 4 u guys to listen to and give me sum pointers.

The levels are very bad - but hopefully this will improve when i get my new mixer with individual level meters!

ok, the mix is called 'Dogzilla Mix 05' - i'll let u figure why....

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/bjorn/a...%2026-06-05.mp3

tracklisting:

Magnolia - Its All Vain (Dogzilla Remix) (Data)

Polaroid - So Damn Beautiful (Dogzilla Remix) (decode Promo)

Dogzilla - Dogzilla (Simon P & Richie K Remix)(Maelstrom)

VPL - In The Park (Dogzilla Remix) (Closet)

Flash Brothers - Amen (Don't Be Afraid) (Direction)

Ernesto Vs. Bastian - Dark Side Of The Moon (Dogzilla's Pure Filth Remix)(High Contrast)

Dogzilla - Your Eyes (Maelstrom)

enjoy (or not) :lol::lol::lol:

Am just downloading it now, posted that whilst I was waiting. And this too, now!! LOL.

BRB.....

EDIT:

Ok so i've listened to the mixes between tracks anyway (i'm a freak who gets enjoyment out of that anyway and leave listening to the whole thing through til later! No offence!). Dogzilla rock the house, you could easily play all those tracks and people would go nuts. So great tune selection :) and nice harmonies going on there.

Is 'Dark Side...' a re-edit with effects? Sounds good!! Mixing is good just that crazy bit out of Flash Bros.

When I pitch bend on record decks i generally don't touch the platter or record when both channels are open, so that weird bent sounds appear. I adjust using the picth control slider to the record coming in, just a minute change will usually get it back in line and generally won't cause the record to warp in sound. Therefore if you do screw up it's less noticable to the ear.

I dunno if that makes sense at all or it's my crazy way, but I find it works, so only have to touch the record for cueing up and when mix is not going "live".

I adjust using the picth control slider to the record coming in, just a minute change will usually get it back in line and generally won't cause the record to warp in sound. Therefore if you do screw up it's less noticable to the ear.

I can understand that - any finger touching a moving vinyl will be probably be heard anyway.... but in the middle of a mix though you'd need some solid decks that don't waver and a careful hand to adjust through pitch change surely!?

aha, excellent christian, nice one i will now practice that - do u whack up a slider a bit to make the change then return it to the same position (well almost - obviously it needs slowing a little)

cheers for the feedback

I LOVE DOGZILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

do u whack up a slider a bit to make the change then return it to the same position

Yes, though not too much, just remember where it was before, and you'll have to make small on the fly pitch adjustments! If you listen to the last mix on my final radio show (06/06) then you'll hear me make a slight readjustment out of three drives to Ernesto vs Bastian (the beats appear to be "one side" of each other and then in line) but i think it sounds ok.

Apparently Armin uses the technique, used it for a while now, and rarely use the other way!

Woah, dude, I have 1625's.

That's the reason I stopped doing it, lol!! Weak torque, although good enough for home use. Have Technics in the URN studio anyways, so not complaining. I'm torn about whether to upgrade them, or just concentrate on CD's now and get CDJ -800s instead. I mean, they are fine for what I use at home.

Archived