Tim...

Dewi

Yeah I've quietly 'depped' for various choirs both locally and professionally for concerts and services alike for a good number of years now. It should be on the news or something, not sure when (standard stuff really, done the TV / CD recording stuff a number of times!) I believe it's for Sarah Mulvihill who was the first British servicewoman killed in Iraq about a month ago, and they wanted to hold it on Canterbury Cathedral because it's the biggest venue.

Hopefully it will be a good service for everyone involved.

Definitely, I will be back! I've found another wedge of old Jules MDs whilst at home so there's plenty more potential audio for this board still :wink:

Funeral went ok, out of the many I've sung in over the years it was one of the strangest in music selection wise - real mixture of the traditional (e.g. Gabriel Faure's 'In Paradisum') and the modern (Robbie William's 'Angels' - unbelievably someone actually arranged it for a 4 part choir, which we also did, lol). The whole of her RAF squadron were there which filled the Nave, and her Commander gave a Tribute speech as did her husband. The coffin was decorated with her uniform and the Union Jack, of course... if I wasn't able to execute some sort of emotional detachment I think I'd have been crying as well. :( It was on the local ITV (Meridian) news but I hope the family are now able to cope with the tragedy in their own time without all the media interference.

Archived