Slinky over the next few weeks, Anyone Coming

July 2006 Listings

Date Room 1 - Slinky Room 2 - Cocoshebeen

7th

Gatecrasher @ Slinky

Above and Beyond, Judge Jules, Matt Hardwick, Mark Vedo.

Dj Hype, Mc Skibadee.

21st

Future Talent Night

Sander Van Doorn, Marcel Wooods, Jan Loper, Tylor Leigh.

Kenny Ken, Clipz, Mc Rage.

August 2006 Listings

Date Room 1 - Slinky Room 2 - Cocoshebeen

4th

Slinky presents Tiësto

Tiesto, John Askew, Garry White.

Ill be attending, anyone else fancy the trip!!!!!!!!!!!

cant drink, feeling a bit drowsey at the mo as ive not been well. sorry to all.

will be much better in the coming days after ive had these stitches out and i no longer have to take these painkillers and antibiotics. heres looking forward to the end of next week!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. My lack of attendance on this board meant that I didnt drop in between my last post and you writing that. Did you go in the end?

It was a bit of a rollercoaster night. Report:

Arrived to Marc Vedo's warm up set. This bloke is underrated if you ask me. For a warm up set it was pretty full on (not that im complaining). Played some wicked tracks.

Above & Beyond were good as you'd expect. The large inflatatble man/boy at the front of the stage was a bit trippy. Anyone on the gurners would have had a bit of a brain-fu*k trying to figure it out. Ha ha!

Jules produced the goods and played some brilliant tracks. Varantique being the most appreciated! Everytime I've seen him at the Opera House he's always been the best DJ on the night by a country mile. Perhaps the venue brings it out in him.

Last was Matt Hardwick. Oh dear. Im not Matt's Biggest fan addmittedly but this was a mediocre set as best. Jules finised playing pretty bangin' trance & Matt just fu*ked that right up. It's not rocket science that if the previous Dj plays 'hard' then you try and follow that. Needless to say that we left early. Most people in there looked like they were forcing themselves to dance during Matt's set, which isnt a good sign.

Couldnt quite figure the layout though.... Didnt go upstairs but it looked as if it was redundnant due to the large drapes hanging over the dancefloor? Its a good feature of the Opera House as you can get a good view of the DJ booth.. Couldnt see why it was in effect, closed? Surely that reduced the capacity of the place as everytime i've been there, upstaris has been full.

A top night nevertheless!! :wink:

Matt Hardwick just can't play a closing set imo. He doesn't know how to! When your legs are wearing, you need to something to keep you going, esp following the DJs that he had to on this occassion. Glad you had a top night tho mate

was a quality nite, i was there in full force and agree wholeheartedly with the statements above although matt hardwick is awsome at warm-up sets i will say. ill be there for tiesto with robin and dormouse. more to follow on that.....

Archived