T in The Park 2006

Less than a week to go now :lol:

Can't wait, just hope the decent weather holds out. Also just found out that the E-mix next Sunday morning is Jeff Mills and Slam from T in The Park. It will recorded as the festie shuts at 11 :( (Thats the real big downside to it, but it does allow for plenty of after-party antics :wink: :lol: )

http://www.tinthepark.com/lineup06.html

I watched quite a bit of the coverage in between the boxing and it looked cool (that is a pun and i am proud of it).

Chilis looked on form and The Futureheads also looked like they went down well.

Yep, the weather really wasn't the best, but it could have been a lot worse.

After waiting in the inevitable queue of traffic to get in, despite us being on Citylink's bargain priced £20 return bus, we arrived to no queue to get into the arena thankfully. First off was to get beer and then just chilled for a while near to the main stage.

08072006012.jpg

Maximo Park were boring the socks off us tho, so we headed to the Bacardi tent where funky house was the name of the game. Meeting this guy with an ice cream on his head would have had Tim in stitches. He had Union Jack contact lenses in too!

08072006007.jpg

Then it was off to the Silent Disco, which looked pretty boring from the outside, but once you got your headphones on (which were suprisingly free and no deposit either) all you could do was just p1ss yourself laughing :D

There was 2 DJ's playing random tunes and you could switch between the 2. Very funny watching other people dancing to the music that you're clearly not hearing, and rushing to the tuning dial to see what they are hearing! Definitely recommend it to anyone that gets a chance.

08072006013.jpg

By this time Placebo were on the main stage and they sounded really good. Just caught them do a cover of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill which I really liked.

Then there was a bit of time for a random walkabout, before Kaiser Chiefs came on. This was the first time I'd ever seen them and was really impressed - great show they put on

08072006016.jpg

The intention was then to stay and see Franz Ferdinand, but the weather was definitely coming in. These photos make it look worse than it actually was:

08072006015.jpg

08072006014.jpg

08072006004.jpg

08072006003.jpg

So...off to the Slam Tent it was, where we stayed for the rest of the night. Vitallic played some really good stuff and Jeff mills was really enjoyable, although I did hear quite a serious cock up. It seemed like he was cueing up, but had left the fader open or something :?

08072006028.jpg

08072006021.jpg

Anyway my memory is pretty hazing of the Slam Tent, so it must've been good! Then came the dreaded walk to the bus in the rain and the site was getting very muddy by this time. Thankfully we didn't have to wait long to get on a bus, but we picked the wrong queue. Despite much of the journey being on motorways, the driver couldn't have hit 40mph. It took longer to get back than it did going, despite the queues going :? :?

Great day/night all round and tickets are on sale tomorrow for 2007. Get in 8-) 8-) 8-)

(Sorry for the size of the pics, no idea on how to resize them??)

Archived