The Space Brothers - Shine

On a dodgy compilation a mate lent me (that i never returned) there is a hardcore version of this entitled 'Silk Cuts Vol 1' i'm not really into hardcore but the version is immense

• 1 month later...

This is going to be re-released along with loads of other Space Bros stuff like Chakra 'Home', Oxygen 'Am I On Your Mind' & Ascension 'Someone' on Armada soon aswell as some new prodcutions

Martin Roth & Danjo & Styles are remixing 'Home' and 'Shine is due for release in autum with unconfirmed remixers, should be interesting.

What i wouldn't give for a Niklas Harding remix of 'Shine' :mrgreen:

Shine needs to be left alone imo.

Mate you should realise every good tune from 1999 is going to be or already has been revisited :lol:

I just hope they get some decent remixers in to try & do it justice

Home has enough decent mixes, Someone could be okay I spose although the Code Blue package was top notch! wicked Thrillseekers mix along with orig and slackers rolling mix! Binary Finary mix was so so ha ha so yeah I wouldnt mind earing new mixes of Someone!!

Someone was cool tune, Thrillseekers mix all the way. Above & Beyond's mix of 'Home' is quite good and they still seem to play it every now & then.

Doubt Shine will be bettered but i do hope they get someone to give it a good go, not just a trance by numbers remix.

Got the commie mix on vinyl, the same blue/yellow sleeve jobby. Wicked tune.

Also quite amusingly:

On a dodgy compilation a mate lent me (that i never returned) there is a hardcore version of this entitled 'Silk Cuts Vol 1' i'm not really into hardcore but the version is immense

I have this on vinyl as well.. 10" vinyl. Got it with a load of random hardcore records a mate gave me a couple of years back. There was a whole load of those 'Silk Cuts' tunes. Think one of the others is a remix of DJ Quicksilver - Bellisima :lol:

Archived