Tesco Internet Phone

bigsteve

How many times do they want to show the ad for this on TV :evil: Nearly every break its on. And isn't Skype free anyway, you just need a cheap handset :?

I'm guessing Chrissie and Simon must loathe seeing Tesco ads, I know I did when DHL ones used to come on. I was away from work and didn't need reminding of it.

I haven't seen the adverts because l rarely watch TV. :oops: I gave up watching soaps 4 yrs ago as they are on all the time and l couldn't keep up with it all. They were taking over my life.

I watched bits of the World Cup mainly because my mate Paul was out there flying the Cornish flag so it was easy for me to spot him in the crowds. :) I occassionally watch the property programmes and the odd documentary so l'm out of touch with the Tesco adverts.

TBH have enough of it at work as we are always having promotions and some of us are expected to wear these stupid t-shirts.

During the world cup l wore this blue t-shirt advertising Tesco internet phones (on the back) and on the front it read I love/hate football which was to do with these football cards we gave out when a customer spent £10 or more. :x

I haven't seen the adverts because l rarely watch TV. :oops:  I gave up watching  soaps 4 yrs ago as they are on all the time and l couldn't keep up with it all. They were taking over my life.  

Have you seen what's been happening in EastEnders lately?

I don't like Tesco. They will become English equivalent of a hypermarket, and we don't need that on our proud island, because we are not French.

:lol: @ Bjorn!

Chrissie, I know what you mean about the TV. I gave up watching soaps about a year ago and because of all the celeb programmes on now, I don't watch much either.

This latest Love Island thing is a joke. Its not even celebs on it. Its sons and step-daughters of D-List celebs. Total joke. No wonder the ratings for it have flopped.

And I'm sick of thinking Only Fools & Horses is on, when its actually that stupid programme with celebs learning to do gymkhana. And no live cricket on terrestial TV this summer - thats a total disgrace :evil:

***Rant over***

It's a great picture, had me in stitches.

Actually he (Paul) was out in Germany for 4 wks. He bought a VW Camper Van for just under 1k which is 25 yrs old (same age as Paul) and did a cheap respray job on it and put some logo's on it. It confused alot of people over in Germany as he was flying both the English and Cornish flags from the van.

On one side it had a Pirates head logo and read "From Penzance to Berlin" which doesn't really have the some ring to it as "From Paris to Berlin" (can't stand the tune) but it got noticed which is the main thing. Paul was sending reports with photos back to our local paper "The Cornishman" and also doing interviews on BBC Radio 5 Live and Sky Sports. He was being sponsored by a London IT Recruitment company "Red Commerce" who also have offices in Germany and BBC Radio 5 Live.

He had an amazing time taking in some sight-seeing when not watching football. There was very little trouble and everyone was really friendly.

He said it was a wonderful experience and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

He managed to get front row seats for one of the main games which was awesome. He said that when England lost to Portugal alot of bars were offering free drinks to England fans to thank them for the money they had spent during the tournament. He went with 4 mates from Penzance.

The van covered 3,700 miles and they were really surprised that it made it and everyday they thought the exhaust was going to drop off. :lol::lol:

Archived