With all this talk of T.V...

Aza

Who watches it usually & if so anything in particular.

I must admit me & my girlfriend tend to disagree a lot about t.v (mildly speaking). There is nothing decent around no more, call me old fashioned, but the only thing I watch is BBC News 24 when either getting ready to go to uni, or whilst eating my dinner (whilst I have had time off)...

I used to watch Soaps, mainly because my mum did and whilst I was living at home it was where the family got together (royal family style;)).

I think the media has significantly contributed to the degrading of quality programmes, they publish all this crap about big brother, it gets the nation talking and gives the tv producers more reason to release another stab at it next year.

It frustrates me a great deal, I dont understand the reasoning behind it, why watch a group of people in a house or an island etc... How the hell does it work? Its all to do with the bitchin that goes on and peoples drive to actually get a nose in.

For example, when you see an accident, we all tend to slow down to see what happened, or a fight in town you tend to be intriqued and want to see whats happening, but as a constant recurrece on the tele is písses me right off!!!

Top Gear, The Simpsons, Sky Sports (when the footy season is back on), BBC1 for wimbledon in the summer and thats about it... The may be one or two more,but still that equaes to less than half a dozen!

I did like programmes back in the day like Buffy the Vampire, X Files & Angel, thats me done :)

this year's Big Bro has been the bitchiest ever and its got boring quite frankly. Add to that how the producers can't organise it properly (ie the Secret House that could hear everything going on next door) and how they have quite obviously rigged certain parts of it. I keep in touch with it, but am not avidly watching it anymore.

If they'd give them something to do, there would be less bitching and paranoida (sp) going about.

So what do I watch on TV? Good question! Not a lot really anymore. Formula 1 is a must (qualifying and the race), Location, Location, Location (Kirsty & Phil do an excellent job), DOND if I'm about, Spooks and Hustle, but thats it really. I'd rather go on the net and listen to music tbh!

Top Gear is a must, so is golf when Tiger is playing. Also the footie when it's on and the cricket.

Other than that, i look out for decent documentaries, on Discovery and that, a good one the other night about Super Max prisons.

I tape a lot of stuff on Sky Plus to watch when i'm on nights, so i can watch when i wake up. (IF that makes sense)

Bad Girls started again last night, that is the best soap ever.

Oh, and Las Vegas on SKY 1, is my fav program at the moment.

Top Gear, forgot about that! And documentaries for me too, altho we've not got Discovery, but UK History occassionally has something good on. In my hungover state last Sunday I watched countless episodes of Michael Palin's Pacific Rim trip!

I watch so little tv we havent even got freeview yet let alone sky,

I don't watch naything during the day at all now.

The main bulk of stuff is during the evenings basically 8-9PM onwards I watch (when any of its on);

Have I Got news For You

Mock Of The Weel

QI

Shameless

Desperate Housewives

Bad Girls

The Sopranos

Lost

Sugar Rush

Er....

Thats it reallly, otherwise I bung dvd's on and watch them instead!

I've got freeview but haven't had it on for ages.

I also found the soaps depressing so l gave them up apart from Home and Away. I use to record the Omnibus every Sat morning but got behind with it so eventually gave that up as well. I loved the setting which was on Palm Beach (North of Sydney). I went there about 5 years ago and it was really quiet and the only familiar building there is the Surf Club.

Like Steve l like "Location Location". Also like "Grand Designs" (think that's whats its called) and also the Gadget show.

These days l prefer to listen to music. :)

Archived