Dance Valley 2006 - party report

Hey peeps - still in Rotterdam at the moment so will add the pics later but here's how the day went yesterday!

We got into the site about 12pm, it's possibly the longest walk to a festival site from the drop off point ever and damn it was hot!! :evil:

had a wander around the site which is really compact until you walk up the hill to the mainstage which is the size of the rest of the site for just that stage, if you get what I mean!! Saw Sander van Doorn who was excellent, playing Direct Dizko, Dark Roast 06, and some crazy Arctic Monkeys and Blur bootlegs (his own? anyone know?). Also saw Mac & Mac (Scott Mac & Mac Zimms) which was pretty good, ending with Damager 02.

After that headed over to see the end of Ronald van Gelderen which was awesome, loads of filthy trance and even some old hardcore - James Brown is Dead - which got the crowd going! :P Then time for Jules!! :D

Tunes I recognised were Tran 4 (obv), Bodyrox, Dogzilla vs Above & Beyond, Luvstruck (went down well) and a few others, he was constantly shouting at the crowd for noise so I don't know if he found the Dutch crowd slightly quiet for his liking but there were a few other brits around giving it some!! Then I got dragged off to see Mauro Picotto, who wasn't as awful as I was expecting, my other half loved it!

Marco V was also on at the mainstage but we wandered back to the other part of the site to see Ferry's greatest hits set :roll: which was decent but I could've just played his album at home and it would have been the same!! We caught some of Morillo who was playing in a nice outdoor stage and with planes going overhead it was kinda like Space :wink:

Having to get back to Rotterdam before the trains stopped running we didn't see all of Armin but it sounded cool - deffo a quality day, everyone is really chilled over here, my mates were a bit upset at the lack of beans but hey, you can't have everything!! Would consider going again next year cos it was a top day - some pics to follow in the week hopefully! :P

my mates were a bit upset at the lack of beans but hey, you can't have everything!!

lol :lol:

top report matey, sounds amazing - i wud love to go dance valley, sounds like one of the best festy's around for sure!

i look forward to the pics...

I nearly went this year, but the cost of it was too immense, even tho I know a guy who stays in Amsterdam :( Sounds a great day/night mate and look forward to seeing your pics 8-)

btw, whats with the lack of beans in Holland :? :? :?

btw, whats with the lack of beans in Holland

No idea! They seemed to be happy on the beers tho and the flugel's - little shots of vodka mixed with a red bull-style substance, v nice and only £1.50!

Gonna try and get the pics up over the weekend if I can :)

Sounds spiffingly good sir!! Would be very interested in the pictures if you can upload them on here. I've always wanted to go to Dance Valley, heard lots of sound things about it. A clean event is fine by me too as long as the beers aren't pricey 8-)

Thanks for the report. I just love hearing about the festivals and l'm really envious as l would love to beable to go to some of the festivals but can't due to my location and having to work weekends. :x

I went to Homelands a few years ago which was absolutely amazing. :D

Will look forward to seeing the photos. :)

Jules got me on his gallery for Dance Valley

http://www.judgejules.net/index.php?page=9#

I hope that link works, if not it's the 4th picture in on the bottom row, I have a blue t-shirt on with red sunglasses, spot the Jules-style shaved head and that's me :P Promise to try and get some pics up over the weekend, my home internet is only dial-up so it's a bit tricky!!

hehe - yeh, someone at work said I look like I'm trying to plat the guys hair infront of me :shock: no, I think was tyring to get my camera sorted :wink: Anyways, here's some pics for you, one of Sander van Doorn, Ferry and the main stage before some of the Jules-meister, enjoy!

th_100_5238.jpg

th_100_5265.jpg

th_100_5262.jpg

th_100_5254.jpg

th_100_5245.jpg

th_100_5253.jpg

And yes, I know I f***ed up and didn't set the date right, let's just say I got quite happy with the drink by mid-afternoon :oops:

Archived