Godskitchen Re-Opening Party August 25th

:D Gods is back on a friday night for this one off event! Makes my year complete really given the lineup.

Oxygen Room

Armin van Buuren 4hr set

Markus Schulz 3hr Set :shock:

Mark Eteson

I'd tell you about the other rooms but lets face it no1 is gona be going in them with the main room looking like that :lol:

• 1 month later...

Got the e-ticket sorted and am heading down ncie & early around 10 in case Markus is on first, should be a huge night. Will do my best to remember a few tunes but being as i'm not driving that may prove difficult

Right then....

A superb evening, quality tunage and a really good atmosphere, dnt think Gods was quite full to capacity but it was very close, nicely busy but not too rammed.

Got there about 11 but (despite pre-paying for tickets earlier) still had to queue for a good 20mins to get in, Paul had told me that Markus would only play 2hrs but luckily he got the full 3hr set and was on as we walked in.

Schulz's set was a little up & down, some fantastic tracks complimented by a few out of places one but generally he was awesome as ever, tune of his set would probably be a new re-edit he played of 'Without You Near', it built up nicely then just stopped with a massive synth backdrop before the vocal came in and sounded terrific.

Schulz really built things up well and was playing a lot more trancey tunes than usuall, tracks of note were, Dogzilla 'Without You' (Dub), SvD 'Pumpkin', Above & Beyond vs Andy Moor 'Air for Life' (Andy Moor Remix), Matthew Dekay & Rob v '2 da Groove', 4Strings 'Into The Night' (Purple Haze Remix) & another belter which went down superbly was Max Graham 'Crank', plus loads more tunes but cnt remember at the moment.

Armin came on to a massive reception and was his usuall bubbly self happily posing for pictures and dancing away to the end of Markus' set, when he did come he mixed straight into the final tune from Markus which was good to hear, carried the night on nicely.

He began with a lot of housy stuff, first tune was Prydz vs Pink Flloyd 'Proper Education' & then into Paolo Mojo '1983' (Prydz Remix) which both souned ten times better on the Gods system. He then took his time building things up playing a few trancey tracks but mixing them with proggier tunes for the first hour or so, 'Zocolo' went down really well in the first hour.

Gradually Armin built things up, he was on top form playing some excellent tracks, highlights included, Mark Otten vs Carrie Skipper 'So Serene vs Time Goes By', SvD's Arctic Monkeys mashup, Chicane 'Autumn Tactics' (Thrillseekers Remix), Bodyrox 'Yeah Yeah' (D. Ramirez Remix - Markus Schulz Edit), Abel Ramos 'Atasco' (or whatever its called), Sean Tyas 'Lift', and again there are probably loads I've missed out.

On the whole was a cracking night, Armin never fails to deliver whenever i see him play & Markus adapted nicely to having the longer set which was also very pleasing.

Can't wait for the October 'Fire It Up' special next :wink:

Other tunes that have since returned to my memory...

Karen Overton 'Your Loving Arms' (Schulz & Elevation Remix) - Markus

Nalin & Kane 'Open Your Eyes' (Schulz & Elevation Remix) - Markus

Super8 & Tab 'Helsinki Scorchin' - Played by both Markus & Armin

Joonas Hahmo 'The Fusion' - Markus

Under Sun 'Capoeria' (Hawk Remix) - Armin

Sounds like some really excellent stuff was played, although I'm not convinced about Proper Education yet. Autumn Tactics must have blown the roof off the place!

I wasn't too sure about 'Proper Education' but it cam alive in Gods, really sounded somethin else, Autumn Tactics was a good moment but i hate to say it i wasn't at all surprised Armin played it, the last 3 times i've been to see him he has played it, i like the odd classic but would prefer a little variation maybe :lol:

A few more have come back to me...

Aalto '5' - Markus

8 Wonders 'Sex on the Beach' - Armin

AvB 'Control Freak' (SvD Remix) - Armin

Ottaviani vs MvL 'Until Monday' - Armin

Andy Moor vs Orkidea 'Year Zero' - Both Schulz & Armin

The new Cosmic Gate track cnt remember title - Armin

Avb feat Racoon 'Love You More' - Armin

Marninx pres. Ecco - Intuition (Martin Roth Remix) - Armin

Above & Beyond 'Tri State' (Frase Rmx) - Armin

I'm sure they'll start to like it more & more as the DJs playing it continue to support it, i mean if it was a cheesy remix or a remix that they didn't like due to the direction it was taking then fair enough, but it's a simple trance remix and everyone seems to like it so cnt think why they wouldn't be supportive of it

Also remembered (by looking at Jason's sig) that Arksun 'Arisen' was played, i admit that the tune never really held much for me but the bassline really comes alive in a club, sounded much better.

Both Armin & Markus played KvA 'Are You Fine' aswell which sounded fantastic on the gods system, vocal seems to be catching on aswell which is always a good sign for a tune.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't go to that one. Armin and Schulz aren't really my cup of tea musically. I like my stuff more banging.

I'll definately be there in October though to see Eddie Halliwell, November for Tiesto and December for Jules and Armin.

I'm even tempted to see Erick "Billy big tune" Morillo in three weeks time. I'm quite partical to a bit of funky house, and i've not been anywhere since Global Gathering :shock:

Gona be heading to Gods for the Eddie night, as much to see Fred Baker as anyone else, not sure about Tiesto yet, the lineup isn't what i expected and apparently it's gona be £25 to go, the fact that he's been dissapointing whenever i've seen him before makes me think twice about paying that much.

December for Armin & Jules is a must, the X-mas party with Armin is always the highlight of the year for me at Gods

Tiesto is very over-rated IMO. He's never been particularly good. In some ways, he reminds me of Jules - half-assed mixing, random set building, etc.

Eddie is a must for me, and so is AvB and Jules in December.

I'm a bit pissed off at the prices shooting right up though since Gods has gone monthly. The Tiesto line-up is very poor. The idea of Gods going monthly was get better line-ups.

IMO, Fred Baker would have been better on the Tiesto night, with Marcel Woods being booked for the Eddie night instead. Marcel Woods after Eddie Halliwell = quality night out!

Archived