Clubs, Monthly? or Weekly?

Max Kane

Are Club Nights better monthly or weekly?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the news that Godskitchen is gona be going monthyl after Global i was just wondering whcih all of you prefer? Personally i think that monthly events will be better as Gods can splash the cash and make each & every party worth the extra effort, thus eliminating the substandard nights that inevitably creep into weekly schedules.

The only problem that I see with Gods going this route is that if they continue their new music policy, mixing up lineups and getting more house & techno nights on as opposed to plainly trance, it could mean that a poor lineup imposes a 2 month break effectively from clubbing.

Your thoughts and views

Personally, I only really have a big night out once a month, sometimes its 2 months before the next night out. Its just too expensive to go out more often (plus the hangovers are too much to handle these days :lol: )

Therefore, I'd much rather clubs put more effort into monthly nights and attract a bigger crowd at the same time. Unfortunately the days of big trance nights putting on weekly nights are long gone, but less is more :wink:

Agree with most of your points there mate, i'd also like to add that whilst a big clubbing night is very much a monthly thing i do enjoy going out at least once a week, but staying local. Going to gods is usually a big night out with cost & whatever

Alright folks, my main night is the last saturday of every month called inside out at the Arches in Glasgow. Think the reason why it is so good for so many clubbers is its only held every month and brings the biggest names in the industry due to this. Im all for monthly!! :lol:

You surprise me, Deano :lol: :wink:

Whats going on atm tho? Freefall keeps taking over, like this month. At the end of the day I suppose its only a name tho. You going for A&N? I'm still undecided; I'll see what they play on Stu's show for their guest mix. They were superb earlier this year (forgot what month it was :lol: )

How come i surprise you Steve? Hope thats a good thing. lol

The thing thats really pissing me off is them moving the inside out night to room at the top! Ive had some of the best clubbing nights in my life in the arches and now there replacing them with half hearted line ups

I dont think they were trying to copy the arches. It was arranged by inside out to hold it there for something different. I wont be going to it for that very reason and i know alot more people that feel the same way if they keep on holding it at RATT. I'll take it to the houses of parliment if i have to!

i just realised that The Arches is just round the corner from one of our offices....f***, i was there not long ago and i'd love to go to The Arches!

Personally speaking, i dont mind twice-monthly, if i had the money. But unfortunately i don't so i'm gonna go for monthly :D

Well, if it was Trance only, i'd say monthly, but in the case of GodsKitchen, I can see it being a disaster. If we're lucky, we'll get a Trance night once every three months. The other months will be a PolySexual night, and then another month will be more House orientated such as Morillo, etc

My only other concern is that GodsKitchen know that Armin works well and is guaranteed a sell-out, so whereas at the moment there's a variety of DJ's on the Trance line-up, I wouldn't be too surprised if that every third month Trance line-up is always Armin doing a three hour set, plus Mark Eteson, plus one other DJ - meaning that GodsKitchen will only see four other Trance DJ's per year.

I think GodsKitchen need to be very careful now that they've gone down this route, otherwise people will go to Passion instead.

Passion listen to the feedback on their forums. If there's negative feedback, then they act on it, and if there's positive feedback and people ask them to book certain DJ's, then they do it.

GodsKitchen's problem has always been that they ban anyone with any negative feddback on their forums, and they never book DJ's that people ask for. People made it clear a couple of months ago that they didn't think much of Morillo the last time he played there and they felt the £20 entrance fee to get in wasn't worth it as Morillo was the only known DJ on the night - so what did Gods do? Book him again for September with another £20 fee. Good idea that :roll:

Sounds like GK is going the way GC did and look where that is now. I realise that forums are a small % of the people that go to these nights, but more often than not, these are the hardcore of fans that have been going for many years and know what they want. If promoters don't at least absorb some of what they read, its only going to go one way.

Take Jules' R1 show now. We've been on about the various changes and that we're not keen, and it seems we're turning off in droves now :(

Archived