Judge Jules Live from Fistral Beach, Newquay - 05/08/2006

Aza

I did manage to catch most of this before heading out last night. Cant believe how fast 1 year has gone, it was only this time last time last year I went with my lady and also Chrissie was there too...

Dont have any tracklistings, but maybe we can post one, I will try listening again to grab more details...

I must say however, that it did sound no where near as good as per usual...

Take a look at this tracklisting from last year and see the comparision.

06/08/05

Live from Fistral Beach, Newquay

***The Cut-Up Cut***

The Game - 'Church for Thugs' ( Black Wall St .)

Mylo - 'Drop The Pressure' (Breastfed)

The Game - 'Dreams' ( Black Wall St .)

Gwen Stefani - 'Hollaback Girl' (Polydor)

Bon Garcon - 'Freaky Egyptian' (Eye Industries)

Beyonce - 'Naughty Girl' ( Columbia )

C-Mos - '2 million ways' (Manifesto)

Bizzarre - 'Rock Star' (XL)

Olav Basoski - 'Waterman' (Oxyd)

Mylo - 'In My Arms' (Breastfed)

B'Jammin - 'Higher State' (White)

Yer Man - 'Satisfy Me' (UMM)

Young Punx - 'Young & Beautiful' (White)

Dirty Rotten DJs - 'Start Getting Natural' (White)

Da Skunk - 'Hot Boxx' (Blowmedia)

White Stripes - 'Blue Orchid' (XL)

Jupiter Ace pres. Ja Teknixx - 'Until The Music Stops' (Big Love)

***Tried & Tested***

Ein Musik & MLK - 'Jittery Dream' (White)

Fischerspooner - 'Never Win' (EMI)

Dark Alliance - 'Genetic' (Genetic)

Marco V - 'Soundbite' (White)

E. Craig - 'Call It A Day' (Recess)

Fred Baker - 'Electric Shock' (White)

Matt Darey - 'Eternity' (Darey Products)

K-90 - 'Ghosts In The Machine' (Recover)

Lange & Gareth Emery - 'This is NY' (Lange)

*** The Saturday Night Mix ***

Mike Hunt - 'Lick My Window' (White)

Mike Foyce vs. Signal Runners - 'Love Dusk Theme' (White)

Judge Jules - 'The Serpent' [Jan Loper Remix] (White)

Dogzilla - 'Without U' [Dub Mix] (Maelstrom)

William Faber - 'Mass Hysteria' (FTM)

Sonic Vibe - 'Desert Sky' (White)

Kobaya - 'Nucleo' (White)

Chrissie, did you head down there this time? Or if I remember correctly, you had friends down?

They still had the same guest list competition, with Jules playing in club barracuda and you could win VIP tickets, but im looking more forward to the Eden broadcast :)

Yes l agree the music was poor compared to last year but it is so different when you are there due to just being part of a live show.

I have just sent Steve a really long PM about my experiences and will do a bit of a report tomorrow as l must go and sit outside and get my diary up to date.

Must say though that the weather was absolutely perfect unlike last year when it rained all afternoon and most of the evening. Aza,I thought of you and thought how good it would have been if you had been there this year seeing as the weather was so good. As you can imagine the place looks so different when the sun is shining, the whole place was hot.

The whole area on Fistral beach was buzzing, great atmosphere definately the place to be if you can't make Ibiza or why not do both. When the weather is good there is no place better than down here in Newquay. There is so much to do and lots of beautiful beaches.

I am still in recovery as l had to get up at 4.45 on Sat morning to go to work for 6 hrs and didn't get back from Newquay until 3.30.am this morning and l was so hungry I had to have something to eat before going to bed. I went on my own this year but bumped into lots of people l know and as everyone is so friendly you don't feel you are on your own.

I would have loved to have gone back to Newquay this afternoon to see Dave Pearce do his show live and to see A&B but l haven't got the energy. Shame on me. :oops: :lol:

Cheers Chrissie :)

It would have been great to go down for a second consecitive year, but unfortunately me & my girlfriend could not get time off & tbh, didnt really have the cash as we are saving for a holiday at the beginning of September :)

If there is a similar event no doubt we will hopefully be there & perhaps arrange a formal meet-up & all that. How did you manage to get in this time - did you pay? Last year I won tickets through jules via email, but this year I wasnt sure how to go about it, plus we would have had to to take train as a lot of reports suggest the roads are worsening :roll:

Dont be too dissapointed abou Dangerous Dave, least you caught the main man Julesy, stick your feet up and whack the radio on :)

Chanel - 'My Life' (Hed Kandi)

Dynamite - 'Loving You' (White Label)

Tocadisco - 'Music Loud' (Superstar Germany )

Channel 88 - 'The Groove' (Clubs Holland )

Plump DJs - 'Electric Disco' [D. Ramirez Remix] (Finger Lickin')

Chris Lake - 'Changes' [Vocal Version] (Apollo)

Delano & Crockett - 'Walking On The Moon' (White Label)

Conamore - 'I've Got This Feeling' (White Label)

Cult 45 - 'True To Life' (Renaissance)

ET - 'Preplan' (White Label)

20:00

Morph & Rank 1 - 'A Life Less Ordinary' (White Label)

Abel Ramos - 'Electro Fun' [K. System Remix] (Reset Records)

DJ Dan/Switch/Mr. Vinyl - 'A Bit Of Needle Damage' (White Label)

Hitching Hippy - 'Passion' (White Label)

4 Strings - 'Take Me Away (Into The Night)' [4 Strings Mix] (Vc)

Fabio Stein vs Kalwi & Remi - 'From Poland To Brazil' (White Label)

Old School Tune

Kane & Nalin - 'Beachball' (Hooj)

The Saturday Night Mix

Abel Ramos - 'Atasco' (Sirup)

Fred Baker & Greg Nash - 'Lunar Eclipse' (Spinnin')

SO Project - 'Direct Disco' [Talla Remix] (White Label)

Ferry Corsten - 'Cubicated' (Positiva)

Vezzola - 'Thicker Than Your Blood' (White Label)

Chocolate Puma - 'Always & Forever' [bart Claasen Mix] (Positiva

Cheers Chrissie :)

How did you manage to get in this time - did you pay?

No l didn't pay. 8-) Jules very kindly said he would put me on the guestlist for both events but l needed to have a wristband to get into the R1 show on Fistral beach. Jules came up trumps by meeting me on site in order to give me the wristband. He did the same for two lads as well. How kind, he's such a decent guy. Security was really tight and l felt really sorry for this chap as you could see that his wristband had snapped but the "swines" wouldn't let him in. He was with a crowd of lads that all had wristbands on so he wasn't trying to blag his way in, he was genuine.

The atmosphere in Newquay was really electric, just fantastic and the whole place was buzzing with excitement. So many people milling around.

Of course it was murder getting into Newquay and was really difficult to find a parking space so l wasn't able to spend much time looking in the surf shops on Fistral beach. :cry: So different from last year when it was wet and windy.

As the weather was so good most of people invited to the show were sitting on the terrace or on the beach instead of in the marquee where Jules was doing the R1 show. He was brilliant as he got everyone going and was very entertaining for the whole of the show. He was magic and he worked really hard to keep everyone interested. I reckon there were about 300 hundred there. There were technical problems with the sound that's why the noise from the crowd didn't sound very loud (on the radio) However I can assure you we were all making plenty of noise!!

After his R1 show l hung around chatting to some people before driving the car over to the other side of town to a car park near to the Barrucuda.

Had problems getting in as they didn't have Jules's guestlist so l had to go back to the carpark to get his email. :x I jumped the queue second time round. :lol:

Barracuda was awesome it was totally rammed with happy clubbers. However it was so hot my hair was sticking to my head. I was on my own but had the best time ever as l was up the front dancing for the whole of Jules's set which was just brilliant. I'm just under 5ft tall so l got knocked about most of the time and these guys behind me kept bashing their elbows into my head which was very painful but l stuck it out.

Jules "fluffed" a couple of tunes as the music just stopped and most people started booing and shouting at him (in a friendly manner) but he just shrugged his shoulders and laughed. Someone had to get him a towel as he was dripping with sweat and had to keep taking his glasses off. Once again he was very entertaining.

He played a really good set which started hard due to the previous DJ.

The DJ booth is quite high up off the ground and right up in a corner which isn't very good as you can't see the DJ from many parts of the club. It's a fantastic venue for down here and there is also a balcony which goes most of the way round. It is one of the biggest clubs down here in the SW of Cornwall and holds approx 2000 clubbers. I can remember most of the tunes he played but can't list all of them. Some he played; "Ibiza" "Changes" "Saxuality" (old one of his) "F16" "Play it Louder" "Through your Eyes" "Electric Fun" "Obsession Drop" "A life Less Ordinary" 3 of Fabio Steins, "Pirates of the Caribbean" (crowd went mental when he played this) and the 4 strings tune"Into the Night". He also played some old tunes which went down well and finished off with Southside Spinners "Luvstruck" which again got a good response-it sounded amazing in a club environment.

I managed to have a few quick words with Jules as he was leaving and thanked him for a brilliant day.

I only had a half lager all evening as l was driving but to be honest didn't need to drink in order to have a good time. Must admit it took me a couple of days to recover as l had been up since 4.45am Sat til 4.00am Sunday, almost 24 hours with no sleep (or drugs) other than 2 pro plus in the afternoon on my way to Newquay. :lol:

My head is still very painful as it feels bruised.

Sorry haven't got any photos.

sounds like you had a great time chrissie. ill have to make it down there sumtime when jules is next there. agreed jules is a really nice bloke. next time you go to one of these ill be your bouncer so you dont get knocked around so much, lol.

There is always troulbe getting in clubs aint there chrissie, we had the same prob last year, after I won guestlist tickets. He did a similar competion this time just like last year. Last year I won guestlist tickets by texting in the colour of the t-shirt held up to the crowd, this year was text the pattern.

Despite winning arm bands and all that we still got obstructed getting into barracuda, bouncers are right tw@s, luckily I kept the text number on my phone from tom, which they had to ring from the club to confirm everything!

My girlfried has a good friend down newquay, so hopefully next year we will go down and probably kip, cos I wanna take the train, driving is too bad, roads get well over crammed :(

Archived