London winning the 2012 Olympics

bigsteve

I think for such an important event though they will sort themselves out for sorting the Olympic village, and about 60% of the venues are already built, then the new Wembley will be done in a year or so...

...but my main concern is even with the "new transport links" how the hell are you gonna transport millions of people from all over the world around daily in an efficient manner in what is already a very crowded city?? :!:

A repeat of the Millennium Dome fiasco would be disastrous - it cost us millions... (reminds me of that old joke going round at the time parallelling the Dome to a woman's pair of 'assets': "...looked good on the outside but, there wasn't much on the inside." :lol:

In my opinion the 2.5 billion will generate a hell of a lot for our country, it was already on the cards that we are going to improve transport and plans are allready in the pipeline for that, now these plans can definatley go a head, think about the amount of jobs which will be generated in order for the country inoder for us to compleete these fascilites, the olympic village which will be constructed inoder to cater for the visitors of the world, it will then provide us with more housing after the 8 weeks of competion, the stadiums, swimming pools, sports halls will all be of the lates of technoligly resulting to more facilitys for the next generations to enjoy which should result to our nation improving in sports etc......the stadiums should also provided us with more facillities for us to hold music events etc....looking at the bigger picture i think this will do a hell of a lot for the inner strength of out country...I will certainly be looking to get tickets!!!

just get round to replying to this post:

i think that as a sport orientated person i can see the huge benefit the olympics will bring to British sport, as it is in the sh1t at the moment.......

the new facilities will hopefully trigger more centres for excellence to be created around the country and NOT just in london.

However the olympics will raise the awareness of sport in england and hopefully blair will get a kick up the arse and improve provision for sport in schools, and in the local community.

I love how people say things like 'why do we never win medals' , well take at look at the countries who do - namely USA, France and Australia - and then take a look at their provision for sport in schools, and for elite athletes - its spot on, many many centres for excellence, and more emphasis placed upon it at a level similar to acedemic subjects in school.

Obviously im not saying sport is more important than acedemic study, but it should more important than it is now - which it hardly is.

Good points guys, obvious disadvantages are the taxes, but also on the plus side, mnay many more jobs will be created and this will seriously increses BRitians already strong economy!

• 8 months later...

Carrying on with the theme here, just to let you know that Ladbrokes are now offering odds of 22:1 on Jules' album being released in the UK before London hosts the Olympics, so I've been proved right.

Shall we all put a fiver in? :P

Archived