CDJs

Max Kane

Right the time may be finally at hand where i invest in a cdj, either a single or possibly a pair dependant on the advice you, the most knowledgable of board members relate to me.

Am thinking currently about going for a pair of Pioneer CDJ 200's, somehow Juno have them for way cheaper than anywhere else at £318 a go, a pair for £640, compared to Decks.co.uk selling them at about £350ish.

The other option is the Pioneer CDJ800 which i know are very popular and similar in many ways to the now seemingly industry standard CDJ1000, obviously these are much more expensive being about £550 each.

My thoughts are this...

Should i go with a pair of 200's paying only £80 more for a pair of them than for a single 800, thus significantly cutting down my vinyl bill and getting me used to the pioneer technology albeit a slightly dated version.

OR

Take the plunge with a single 800, i'll be more used to the modern technology when playing out but will still have to purchase at least 50% vinyl making it much more expensive long term

At this point i'll throw the debate to the floor, thoughts please....

no the 200 does not. Interesting this is tom....as u say wud be nice to hav the 800 so that u cud use the 1000's in a club easier....but a pair wud be sweeeet!

The 800 is a great piece of kit, but now the mk2's are out its annoyingly expensive compared to the mk1. I think the 200's are excellent value for money - i have recommended them to higgzy who is busy saving up for them!

I wud say the pair of 200's tbh mate, altho if u think u wud be able to save up in he long run to buy another 800 somewhere down the line maybe the 800 is the one? Think baout costs here too mate - in the long run cdj's work out sooo much cheaper - im sure u know that the price of mp3's is a joke in comparison with vinyl...

Tough choice to make tho mate - all our opinions help but ultimately only u can be happy with what decision u make!! 8-)

Cheers lads, sound advice.

I'm pretty much in line with Bjorn's views, a pair would of course drastically reduce my expenditure on vinyl and wld also allow me to be more flexible with my finances as it would be a slightly higher initial outlay but saving much more in the long run.

Gona be making a choice over the next month or so maybe, a lot may well depend upon how much my car insurance comes to.

car insurance - nasty, i got mine at £680 fully comp on my 1.2 punto, f***ing joke!!

ok, vinyl emulation as it is called is basically the jog whell on the 800 &1000, the main thing basically is that it has a pressure sensitive pad on top so that twhen u press it the music stops (as a record would) and then u can digitally scratch the tune..

The 200 does not have this, instead the jog whell simply slows the tune down by spinning the jog whell - the 800 & 1000 both do the same but u acheive this on them by spinning the non-pressure sensitive side of the jog wheel...u follow me?

So really the vinyl emulation allows for scratching really. Im not 100% sure what the 200 jog wheel is like tho as ive never used one..

I can't advise on any of the CDJs you mention, Tom, but from my experience of buying just 1 CDJ, you'll soon want a second anyway. I thought I would cope with just the 1, but MP3s are available much sooner than vinyl, and so once a tune is out on vinyl, I've already got it on MP3.

Vinyl buying has also become a bit of a chore too, what with getting it delivered and having to wait for it, especially with a weekend purchase. Mp3s are almost instant.

I would buy a second CDJ, but can't justify at the moment, cos I just don't spend enough time spinning.

Not exactly what you want to hear.. but .. get a set of 1000's or atleast a set of 800's, as has been said, the dial on the 200 is nothing like the 800 or the 1000 so it wouldn't realy give you much in the way of practise for the later models... no question about it.. 1000's are the way forward!

:D Ordered myself a shiny pair of CDJ200s today from decks.co.uk for the measly ( :lol: ) sum of £660.

Am quite pleased  8-)

i was w***ing in my panties proper dirty stylee when watching a DJ guy at the weekend using the 1000s......want some sooo badly...i think i might whore myself just for the pleasure (and the 1000s)....

mmmmmm CDJs....

homer.jpg

Archived