Ronski Speed 'The Space We Are'

Max Kane

John O'Callaghan Dub mix is immense, i may be investing in it it's so good, a much more subtle remix than JOC's usual style & it's spot on, Armin has been playing the version that includes the vocal but it has to be the dub, wicked track

mate i was gonna post about this tune!!

f***ing choooooon!

Just got it tonight from beatport - got the JOC Remix, love them vocals. heard it last night on TATW and suffice to say im in love with it now :D

JOC Dub is the one for me, but then again I'm not really into vocals most of the time unless they are really exceptional, male vocals especially never seem to do much for me unless they are really well done

I'm not really into vocals most of the time unless they are really exceptional

I'm with you on that. Some tunes have vocals added just for the sake of having a vocal - and they often make, what would have been a good tune, quite poor :(

In some cases, a tune would be nothing without the vocal - and those are the ones I tend to be. Could you imagine Delerium - Silence as a dub? It just wouldn't work.

Jules made the mistake of adding a vocal to "Keep Me Running". I preferred it much more in its very early days when he was testing it as a dub :(

To be honest, its the members that need deleting on the JJ board - the bots are the friendliest on there :lol:

I think the JJ board needs a completely new facelift (a different, more professional looking board - possibly VBulletin), and some professional search engine optimisation so that it ranks highly when anyone types anything Judge Jules related into Google - that way, it'd attract more genuine Jules fans rather than the tons of idiots on there at the moment that constantly run him down and don't have any interest in what he does at all. I can't see why Judge Jules haters all have discussions on his board - it doesn't make sense. :?

I know we knock Jules's radio show and his dodgy edits and tunes at times, but thats from a frustration point of view because we know he's capable of much more than that and he's giving himself a bad stigma which he could avoid - but those on the JJ board criticise him because they can't stand him at all.

Time for a revamp, the idiots kicked out, and some optimising to attract genuine Jules fans. If I was Jules, i'd even consider ditching his forums and think about approaching Tim to make this the official board because this is full of genuine fans and is contains more useful info and archived sets than the official Jules site. All we need on here is Jules's weekly charts and diary, and then this would be the ultimate Jules site :D

I agree with a lot of what you say Briggsy, but jj.net is a much more long standing baord than this one. There's people that have been signed up on there for years and it would be a loss for those people that have contributed over the years.

Having said that, there is a lot more useful knowledge and info on here, but that makes it a good alternative to jj.net. People that join up on here tend to stay around longer, whereas jj.net has a significant throughput of people asking for info on 1 tune and then never return.

Big isn't always best :wink:

I think the reason why people don't hang around on there for long though is because there's not a great deal to contribute to. There's a huge amount of insulting that goes on on that board, and newbies in general tend to recieve a lot of flack.

Some incentives to get genuine Jules fans onto the board wouldn't be a bad idea - that might weed out some of the idiots then if they're becoming the minority because more and more genuine Jules fans are becoming involved.

With the amount of money Jules earns per set, surely it wouldn't be asking too much to give away a couple of Jules compilation CD's away per month - Jules would get them free anyway, so even that wouldn't hit his wallet.

before Jules used to encourange people to send him emails, he'd be a regular visitor to his board. I'd rather see him active on his board rather than replying to email every day. Lets face it, Jules probably gets asked the same questions by email over and over again anyway such as "when is this tune that you're supporting going to be released" or "I'm a newbie, what equipment should I get to become world number 1 DJ in three months time". Rather than answering each one seperately and wasting his own time, he could answer them once on his board for everyone to see :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived