DJ Mag Top 100, 2006

bigsteve

PVD stays at #1, but Armin finally moves up to #2 8-) And Tiesto starts his slide down to#3.

Then quite oddly, Christopher Lawrence and DJ Dan are at #4 and #5 repectively :? Obviously a heavy US vote there, particularly for DJ Dan. Jules commented on 2 in the Top 10 being 'interesting.' He, himself, slips just 1 to 16. which I think is pretty good for him, tbf.

Other highlights I spotted:

Flash Brothers up 43 to #23 :?

Andy Moor up 16 to #30

SVD new entry at #32

Richie Hawtin down 21 to #33

KvA/K&A new entry at #48

Matt Darey up 40 to #51

Pete Tong down 8 to #57

Mauro Picotto down 43 to #71

Tall Paul down 32 to #75

Fatboy Slim down 17 to #80

Fergie down 25 to #85 :lol: (thoroughly desreved imo)

Yoji Biomehanika down a whopping 60 places to #92

http://www.djmag.com/top100results_2006

Great to see SvD, Menno de Jong & DJ Tarkan crack the top 100, other than new entries i don't tend to look at who came where the majority of votes come either from intense spam or US under-age clubbers who like DJs cos they make nice tunes, or in the case of Oakie they like him cos Brittany Murphy was in his video.

Am amazed that Perr O'Neil, Jon O'Bir, John Askew, Eric Prydz & Nic Fancuilli didn't make the top 100 aswell, shocking :shock:

Again, this proves what a load of crap this poll is.

As much as I like Jules, number 16 is a good position - he should count himself lucky. Eddie Halliwell lower than Jules too? Sorry, but talentwise, Eddie and Jules can't even be compared. It'd be like having a Ford Fiesto higher than an Aston Martin in an Auto Trader poll.

Fair do's to Armin for getting number 2 - He deserves it in my opinion. One of the nicest guys to speak to in the industry, not up his own arse, and clearly loves his job - not like some that simply turn up for their money (*cough* Oakenfold *cough*).

Matt Darey also deserves his rise to number 50 - I've been dealing with him for a couple of years now with his radio and press side of things, and I know how much effort he's put into making a name for himself as a DJ rather than a producer.

Ironically, last year, Dave Pearce was ranked around number 43 - yet this year, he's had a supurb year (and a few people have commented on that. not just me - I can take or leave him personally), yet he's dropped out of the top 100.

Two of the best DJ's i've ever heard are Les Hemstock & Marcel Woods, yet they don't rank either.

This proves that its a popularity poll rather than a talent poll.

The one positive is that Westwood has dropped out of the top 100. Lets just hope he drops off something else next :D

Archived