Gallery @ Turnmills & Crasher @ Media

Bjorn

Wow, that was quite a mental weekend!!

Fri afternoon went straight from work, picking up my gf on the way to Derby to meet up with some mates - we piled into my mates C2 which has only 4 seats (5 of us!) and hammered it down to my mates ex gf's house in gravesend, took bloody 4 hours cos of traffic! On the way 2 of our mates form derby txt to say they were coming then said they were joking (turns out they wern't). Got to gravesend, had a few drinks and then got a train into london which took an hour - we had arranged to meet another mate (HIGGZY) and his gf at kings cross - my other 2 mates secretly rang me and arranged the same without anyone else knowing so when we got to kings cross my mates got the shock of their lives as olly & chris were waiting for us! Met Higgzy & his gf too and went down the road to a cheap pub for a few - got the tube over to farringdon and hit turnmills about 11.30 - Mike Koglin was on and boshed out a fantastic set - really really good:

CAss Fox - Touch Me

Koglin & POS - Untitled Audio

Maor Levi - Sun Is Shining

SVD - Dark Roast

Yello (SVD Remix)

SVD Remix of Artics

Smashed it out to him and then it was A&B on, Tony & Jono started playing a mint set - some pearlers including touch me, tri-state, good for me, aalto - 5, daniel kandi - child, air for life, world on fire. Night was going wikked then one minute i had my phone in my hand the next it was gone....im pretty sure sum fukker knicked it out my pocket, grr...had a look round but it was gone...(ordered a new one and sim card the next morning so its sorted)

Tried to forget about my phone and carry on! A&B were really really good - there was a s*** load of the anjuna crew there too so good to see sum faces. Christopher Lawrence was on next and he played a really really tight set, but i could only count the tunes i heard in 3 hours from him & JOOF on one hand, only one i can remember tbh is Sean Tyas - Lift, but was still really enjoyable! My 2 mates who had suprised everyone had to leave at 5.30 to get a train back to luton and they had to drive back from there to Derby - we left about 6 leaving Higgzy and his gf to stay till the end! So so so cold the next morning, argh! had to get a tube over to kings cross then tube to charing cross and train back tpo gravesend, took ages and didn;t get home till bout 8... we all sat around dozing and sleeping all morning/afternoon and then finally made a move back to Derby geting home for about 7.30pm - not a pleasant journey cramped up in my mates tiny car, lol!

Turnmills was a wikked club i thought - a lot lot smaller than i thought it would be, but loads of different rooms made it interesting and it was well dark and dirty i nthe main room!

Was pretty tired by this point on sat afternoon due to lack of sleep but we decided to all go out in Derby and have an in comparison chilled one...went to a few bars and met a couple other mates who wanted to know why we wern't going to media for crasher... We decided to f*** it and go over there so jumped in a taxi over to notts! I wanted to txt christian and tell him i was coming cos i knew he was going but bloody couldn't cos i'd lost my f***ing phone!!

Went straight over there and got in for just after 12, damn that club is pretty cool! The main room in like on the side of a hill - theres loads of different levels almost like terraces up a steep hill - well nice too cos its a graded building, well fancy ceiling and stuff and the dj booth is right in the middle of the room so u can se the dj no matter where u are pretty much!

JFK was on when we got in there - another good first set :-

Chasing Cars (Karl G Remix)

Sean Tyas - Lift

Armin - Love You More

Next up was A&B - Tony & Paavo this time and paavo's presence reflected on this as this set was a bit more chilled out than the previous night, still excellent tho. played:

Cass Fox - Touch Me

A&B - Good For Me (cue epic arms in the air sing along moment from me and my mates!)

A&B - Alone Tonight

Planet Funk - Chase The Sun

Daniel Kandi - Child

Super 8 & Tab - Won't Sleep Tonight

2 Devine - Black is the colour

A&B - World On Fire

Finished on - No One On Earth - another epic moment!

Really really enjoyed their set - they had these wicked ice cannons over the main dancefloor where we were, waaaay cool! :D

Only thing i didn't like was the amount of lager & lads and dirty birds in there, in comparison to the previous night there was no where near as many people there for the music, loads of pissed up 'shirts' :lol:

Jules was next and just after he started got a tap on the shoulder...and who was it but Christian!! Damn glad u found me mate!! Had a catch up then christian informed me media shut at 4 :shock: :shock: :shock: couldn't believe it!!! A&B had 2 hours and jules just one...

I think jules played in preston b4 media - i think he may have been on the old grey goose too much - as im sure what u'll guess what i'll tell u now...

Mixing was sloppy and he seemed a bit crazy! Top marks for tune selection though - had the place rocking. People kept tapping us on the shoulder and saying 'whens judge jules on?' :?

Tunes jules played i can remember (help me with all the tunes played christian!!):

Re:Locate - Alcatraz

Abel Ramos Vs wink - Electro Fun (massive crowd reaction as ever!)

Kword Killaz - Br. Brightside

Paul Webster - Corrupted (went a bit crazy when this got played!!)

4 Strings - Take Me Away (4 Strings Remix)

Guisseppi Ottaviani - Until Monday (Mac & Mac Remix)

Joshua Ryan Vs Marcel Woods - Cherry Whip

The tune next to last i didn't recognise, but what i did recognise was him slowly it down rediculously...i turned to my mate and i said 'i bet u the next tune he plays is exceeder' He stopped the tune then got on the mic and started chatting some right bollox, i could not understand what the hell he was saying (i don't think he could either!)

Anyway, lo & behold - what was his last tune? yep, f***ing exceeder. It killed it imo, numbers were dwindling already and by playing exceeder it just lost all the energy he had built up :roll:

Oh well, was still a quality night i really enjoyed it! Got a taxi back to derby and got to bed at 6!

Recovery day today and a mad 2 nights has took it out of me! Will get links to pics from my mates as they took loads (i took a few but lost my phone obviously!)

I'll stop rambling now, been going on for ages!

Crasher in sheff next week for A&B AGAIN! :D

aye, i had such a wikked night at media because of the tunes, so so good!

Jules got on the mic and said sum random s***, then said 'can anyone understand what i just said cos i f***ing can't!' haha

That was such a brilliant report, couldn't stop laughing when you said about Jules talking a load of rubbish on the mic, thats classic. :lol:

What did you mean when you said Jules was a bit crazy. :?

What a wicked weekend. Shame about your phone. :x

Did A&B recognise you. :lol:

jules was just running about and been silly!

Saw A&B outside as we pulled up in our taxi they were just walking past so said hello :D

jono was pointing at me & my mate on the dancefloor too - i think he may have remembered us from the previous night!

Shame about my phone, but its easily replaced so not to worry :)

I was expecting my report to be smaller due to me visiting only ONE club this weekend haha! ;) but as it turns out......

When I saw the flyer for this a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe my luck - a decent trance event so close to my birthday, also in a town in which I knew people in so accomodation wouldn't be a problem. Perfect! I went up early afternoon on Saturday getting a lift up with my housemate from last year, Maria. In the afternoon it was great to catch up with Nottingham folk including my recent ex gf *ahem*. But that was not to ruin my night! 8-)

We set to drinking at about 8 with a takeaway and listening to Jules. I was wondering how many of those tracks I would hear later...turns out I was in for a bit of surprise! After a litre of vod between four, and other friends in tow we hit town at about 10:30 paying a quick visit to Latin Quarter near to Media which normally plays decent house. This occasion it was 70s "classics". No wonder is was nearly empty! Tearing my cheese loving friends away from this bizarre musical turn of events, we headed into Media where there are 3 different entrances - we went to the wrong one twice haha. As Bjorn describes, Media is full of nooks and crannies and is spread over many levels. We went straight up the stairs and ended up in a bar area which I thought was the Tokyo Deep room, but turns out it wasn't! Sooo easy to get lost in Media. Anyway the first track we heard was Booty Luv - Boogie Tonight and that set the mood. We stayed for a bit of house for a while but then hit the main room which was looking pretty amazing in the green lasers and blue lights that colour the walls. I really enjoyed JFK's set - i'm not going to attempt to name tracks, but he played one very recognisable tune which I have been humming all evening, but can I remember the name? I created the main melody in Fruity Loops to remind myself and I may post for any suggestions as to it's title.

But anyway, my more "alternative" friends who i'd dragged out for my birthday were loving bit of Chasing Cars and also surprised that they were actually enjoying the rest of the music - haha even though I *gently* pursuaded to come, i think they surprised themselves and enjoyed it - dancing right until the end of the night.

Then A&B were on, first time i've ever seen them and I was very impressed. I think they were also pleased with the crowd, plenty of hands in the air to all the tunes Bjorn has mentioned and also - AYU - 'M' (Above and Beyond Instrumental Mix) which was one of my favourites of the night. I was gutted they didn't play the Japanese vox version tho haha!!

Jono and Koglin's mix of Touch Me was also a great moment for our group. The one tune everyone I know knows the words to!

We had a bit of a Red Bull session at about half 2 then got back to the dancefloor for the rest of A&B and then Jules. 2 songs into Jules' set, I noticed a certain tall blonde bloke blocking my view of the Dj booth....so of course i naturally go over to sort the dude out and guess who it is but Bjorn ;):) haha! Was ace to catch up with you!

Haha we were such Jules geeks knowing all of the tunes! The only other track I can remember is Fred Baker vs Greg Nash - 'Lunar Eclipse' which i went slightly nuts to during the breakdown cos I knew that such a phat bassline was coming!!

He also played Corruption twice. As Bjorn mentioned, when he got on the mic at the end he def seemed drunk! Haha, well funny. but I thought his mixing was mostly ok! I was clsoe to the speakers though so maybe any mistakes were lost in all the bass if there were anyway. I was disappointed to here familiar tunes though, I was looking forward to K. Sheehan - 'turbulence...' and RickSick but instead got Into The Night and Cherry Whip. By playing From Poland To Brasil, it meant that he had played 2 tunes from the set i had seen him do at Nottingham Uni in June! Really bizarre. And then Exceeder! Don't get me started haha!

But all in all it was an awesome night, no trouble even though it was Nottingham and although Bjorn says there were a load of beer boys, by nottingham standards it was a super safe night!! Now got my actual birthday tomorrow, am going out in Worcester but it will be rubbish in comparison haha, so i'm glad that I had such a brilliant Notts night!

There, ramble over!

Good report Bjorn, your always more reliable then me when it comes to reporting the madness from the night before. As Bjorn said we all met up in Kings Cross. Was a wicked suprise to see Olly and Chris, as they made a late dession to come.

After catching up and having a couple of beers we headed down to TurnMills. The Mrs managed to sort a couple of us out on the guest list with free entery thanks to resident Gavyn Mytchel, who i must say finished the night of with a varied but banging set.

First impressions of turnmills were very good, as bjorn said has lots of differnt rooms, corridors and staircases eazy to get lost. Much bigger then i had thought and seen in pics, althought the main room was long narrow crowded cold but full of Anjuna vibe. And once in the swing of things these soon become errelervant. :shock:

Not great at naming tunes but Bjorn has Mentioned most of the ones i remember, Air For Life was the first time i had heard it in a club or indeed live by A&B.......Lets just say it was one of the most magical moments of life for me and my MRS as it is one of our fav tunes.......

Tried to locate Bjorn at this point to enjoy the moment with him too but i think he was in the next bar down.

Had to take a chill for and hour towards the end of A&B got a bit carried away in all the emotion. So hit the laughing gas which was v funny

After chilling for a bit met back up with Bjorn and the other guys, unfortunatly they made a move but we wernt quite ready to go home and stayed to watch Gavyn Mytchel. Cant really remember much from this point but remember hearing Ayla which was also a wicked moment. LOL I was grooving away and then i remember looking up at the DJ booth to see the Mrs behind the Dex with Gavyn, she looked like she was loving it.....Bless Her...

Left at 7.45 but at 7.30 the lights where switched on and Gavyn still continued to play. Was nice to see alot of Anjuna T-shirts still moving away on the dance floor and it was clear that we were not gonna leave till the security moved us on, but in the end they told Gavyn to finish up!

was on the train at 8.06 and got back in bed at 10. Woke up at 4.30 that afternoon. Cant belive that you went to Media Bjorn I was dead man all night from when i woke up......full respect

Cheers again for traveling down mate TOP NIGHT! :lol: :wink:

I like reading all these reports. Jules a little wasted then Bjorn sir? :)

i was ruined by the end of sat night mate! Had tonsilitis for 3 days and couldn't go to work! Got it off one of my mates, and now passed to another!

Archived