Anne Savage

Stuart F

It is roughly around two years since Anne Savage was up here in Oban and when I was thinking about this the other day, I remembered an incident that happened which she ended up writing about in her online diary. I was her driver & host for the weekend and had just turned 19 at the time. Here is the piece about it from her diary at :

My last gig was a Serious tour night with myself headlining at Oban in Argyll.

The night started off in a terrible way when I discovered that I had left my entire cd collection hanging on the back of the door in a cubicle of the ladies toilets at Glasgow airport. I only realised this when I got to my hotel - but was sure that some lovely, honest person would have handed it in to Lost Property. After 6 phone calls and as many handfuls of hair later, I was told that it most likely would have been destroyed. Wicked. I'd spent the entire 2 hour journey from the airport bragging to Stuart my driver/dj that I could now mix 75% of my set on cdj 1000's these days! Anyhow as luck would have it I had backed up and had all the best tracks copied onto 3 cds. (Plus my viny) Phew. As if that wasn't bad enough, I was getting ready in my freezing hotel room (where the lady on reception swore she was Scottish but in fact had an Australian accent,) in only my pants putting the final touches to my makeup when there was a knock on the door from Stuart for my lift to the club. I shouted "hold on a minute" but I had the TV on so loud he must have thought I said "come in" cos that's exactly what he did! I'm pretty sure he got an eyeful bless him but I think he was more embarassed than I was. All was soon forgotten when I got on the decks fully clothed and rocked the pants off the lot of 'em.

:oops:

Archived