Deckstands

bigsteve

Well I've just gone and bought myself one for £149. I'd post a pic up, but this internet cafe won't let me have 2 windows open at the same time :evil: :( Got it from djsuperstore.co.uk and its got room for 2 decks, mixer, and monitor speakers as well as a shelf underneath giving room for the amp and CD's, plus records on the floor. (Do you reckon I should be a salesman?!?)

Looking forward to p1ssing a new postman off on Tuesday!

When I bought my first decks I went to argos and bought a self asemble er computer workstation wooden thingy on wheels lol only cost like 20 quid or so!

When and if in the next million years I get photos of my setup on here you'll see what I'm trying to describe, got me decks on top and then one half the bototms has some vinyl anf tother me tv and playstation.

Mine are setup on a study desk! Has done me wonders over the past few years, perfect setup - holds me records, all equipment on the surface and got room to put my post it notes and record of achievement in the drawers! An ALL IN ONE - CLASSIC :P 8) :)

ai, as im sure most have seen mine, knocked it up meself with a bit of mdf for about £15 in total, got a big top for my decks and all that and a couple of shelves for the amp and records , then loads of space on the floor for vinyl!

Mine's my desk too, not as though I need it for work at home anymore!

In Nottingham I had my Cd players and mixer just on top of a large chest of drawers, they literally just fitted on. Stupid small room!! Have no idea where they are going to go in this year's house though.

u have to make sacrifices don't ya, either that or goin out and gettin s***faced constantly, i prefer to havin something to shw for my money, not that i don't fcuking love gettin twatted!

Yeh I know what you mean guys. Sacrifices! It all about the sacrifices!

As your mothers used to tell you "You Cant Have It all!"

I run a car and must admit as a student Id be lost without it as I use it to commute. Plus public transport it SH!T & a rip off!

I borrowed a bit of money from a relative to invest in my initial setup, which comprised of 2X technic 1210's, about 40 records, a very very basic behringer mixer and a set of headphones!

I had a part time job at the time and offered to work any over time god sent to pay back my loan! Once that was paid off and I gradually got better with my equipment I upgraded with my wages!

I didnt go out much really, my mates and I used to jus chill in and play cards and have a laugh, which was cool! We used to go out maybe once a week, but I dont usually spend that much!

I think when I sell up, I am going to make a desk myself. What tools you need guys? Just basics? Screw driver, a drill?

right let me se, i used a circular saw to cut all the straight edges - this is prob the most important (and most expensive) tool, but my dad has every single tool u can imagine!!

Yeah, eleccy drill, i also used a jigsaw to cut my legs cos they're ike a wavy pattern!

and also a hole cutter to cut the holes in the top to feed the cables throuhg.

part from that u just need a set-square, tape measure, and sum sandpaper!!!

It arrived on Tuesday and was dead easy to set up. (Normally I cock up anything that's flat-packed :oops: )

So much better having it at a decent height and with room underneath for records. Very sturdy and well-built. I could have probs built one myself from scratch, but quite honestly, I couldn't be @rsed :D

ooop, sorry steve, been so long since u started the thread :P

thats a killer stand mate, enough rooom for uere tunes, amp, and anything else u can stash under it...

mine is currently storing my old pc, an old hifi and a couple of 12" sub cones!

I know - sorry, internet connection problems!

Yeah atm I've got my monitor spekers on top with 2 turntables and mixer. Eventually I'll add the CD-J on top and put the monitor speakers to the side as there's places to add brackets to it.

The vinyl is in crates and boxes on the floor. So much better than using the top of bedroom chest of drawers or kitchen worktops!

yeah, took me a couple of hours to get used to it!

its awesome mate, can't stress how good they are. I see now why people were writing reviews about it saying 'once u have one u will never go back...'

im keeping the largest % of my tunes as vinyl tho!

it's got so many features on it tho, its excellent!

Sounds good. I will deffo get one. Loops and tricks to be learnt!

I doubt if I would burn all my vinyl to CD either. I wouldn't want to get out of mixing vinyl. We could be a dying breed if Tune Inn are to be believed :cry:

Archived