Memories of... most annoying tracks in history

Quadrant

Over the years, I have a few. And they irritated me every time they came on on the radio. Jules was a guilty as this as any other but at least you were rewarded on Friday nights with some new Trance at some point, so the odd irritant was worth putting up with 'back in the day'.

Binary Finary - 1999 etc [???] --- don't know why, just hated its predictability.

DJ Elite - That Fuct Camera [White Label] --- just plain annoying, probably sounds great in a club but... Flash! Cameras ready? ... just no.

Benni Benassi - Satisfaction [Data] --- Nothing wanted me to rip my car stereo out more than this. Tear your hair out time!! (and after all that expensive conditioner you washed it with this morning too) :(

There are more! I cant remember at the moment but be rest assued I will be posting in this thread a few more times. Any youse sirs have had which just made you think "please - not this again" :?:

Benni Benassi - Satisfaction.

Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes. I never saw what all the hype was about when this tune first surfaced. That vocal is just plain annoying - one of the worst vocals i've ever heard.

Team SR - Leaving London. Give it a rest Jules, you've played it far too much!!

Guiseppe Ottaviani - Through Your Eyes. One of the most over-rated tunes of 2006. An average tune at best that has been hyped up to the max. Its 4 plays at Global Gathering made me detest a tune that I wasn't overly keen on to start with.

whats with all the abuse towards as the rush comes?

I strongly disagree fellas, imo its one of the best vocal tunes ive ever heard. I have heard it so many times and it never ever gropws tired. The Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Remix takes you o na right journey - all i ever have is good memories associated with this tune!

I have to agree strongly with Bjorn's comments. the ganriel & dresden mix is awesome and for me this tune has always had the tingle factor. I'm not too keen on the new mashup Jules has been playing I must admit but there's nothing wrong with the original release.

I have to agree strongly with Bjorn's comments. the ganriel & dresden mix is awesome and for me this tune has always had the tingle factor. I'm not too keen on the new mashup Jules has been playing I must admit but there's nothing wrong with the original release.

Agree with that too, altho Armin's Universal Religion mix for me 8-) Great memories of GC @ NEC in 2003 - sung my heart out 8-)

Agree with that too, altho Armin's Universal Religion mix for me 8-)  Great memories of GC @ NEC in 2003 - sung my heart out 8-)

The live PA wasn't all that great but when Armin dropped it it sounded immense.

Annoying tunes...

Marco V 'Red,Blue,Purple' Loathe it, i know most of you lot love it but it jus sounds terrible to me

Richard Durrand 'Scream for More' see above comments about RBP

Jesslyn 'Tonka' A guy i knew raved about this & when i finally heard it i laughed out loud at him, awful tune

Anythin by Abel Ramos (except for Aquarios)

Randy Katana 'Play it Louder' - Why sample 'Confusion'

Kyau vs Albert 'Walk Down' Vocal just ruins the track beyond belief

Anything Michael woods has produced since Voodoo

Candee Jay - If I Were You (rmeix)

Warrior - If You Want Me

Solex

25th Hour

Ok not great tunes, but certainly great for me IMO.

Some of the tunes in this thread are not that bad, see what some of you mean, but it is titled "worst ever in history...

whats with all the abuse towards as the rush comes?

I strongly disagree fellas, imo its one of the best vocal tunes ive ever heard. I have heard it so many times and it never ever gropws tired.

Wow guys I have to say v suprised with peps opions on this one. Its up there in my top 10 this tune got some wicked memories of this tune. I think I will enjoy it just as much when im 50 as I do now......... epic!

Mario Piu - Communication (Somebody Answer the Phone)

I think this is the name and producer of this track, someone correct me if im wrong, although a tad commercial I hated this with passsion when it came out so ennoying!!!

Anything Michael woods has produced since Voodoo

Candee Jay - If I Were You (rmeix)

Warrior - If You Want Me

Solex

25th Hour

Ok not great tunes, but certainly great for me IMO.

Some of the tunes in this thread are not that bad, see what some of you mean, but it is titled "worst ever in history...

Okay Woods stuff since Vodoo havent been the worts ever but not even average on my meter, so no pleasing me wit dem!

Pius Communications I can see now wh its so annoying, at the time I loved it, Kitikontis imilairly I can see the annoyance facto but love it myself.

Tiesto adagio is awful, the synth/intsrument for the riff when it comes in in the break is excruciatingly crap.

Mario Piu - Communication (Somebody Answer the Phone)

I remember Jules playing this back in 99, actually it's not Mario Piu's fault because I believe it was the Yomanda remix. :D

As for Motorcycle - As The Flush Comes, apart from the lyric's parallels with taking drugs, I only enjoyed the first half of the Above & Beyond remix...

Remembered another one

Dial 'M' For Moguai - 'Bang The Drum' [Kosmo] (whatever mix Jules played in 1999. Horrible.)

And to be honest:

Ferry Corsten - 'Rock Your Body, Rock' [Positiva]

- Ive never liked Ferry since he went all Electro on us, although I do agree with his comments that Traance was being "overproduced" after the millenium which is why he changed direction.

I will think of more...

Agreed on Rock Your Body Rock.

Bang The Drum is the original, top track, very simple but good imo.

Communication is/was as bad original mix or Yomanda mix, but really the Mas Mix you gotta hear its mental!, myself I like it but wouldnt play it much today like.

I respect everyones opinions though.

Anything on The Crazy Frog Albums.

Im going to have to think long and hard on this one as ive been tring to get rid of all the nasty tunes from my head as much as i can, lol. theres a few there that i agree with like Freddie le Grande-Put your hands up and a few i disagree with like Motorcycle and Through Your Eyes. Heres a couple off the top of my head.

1:Operation Blade and all the rip offs with the same bass line.

2:Mario Pui-Communication- why did this see the light of day

3:Anything by Flip and Fill-Enough said

4:Crazy Frog-Already Mentioned

Thats all i can think of now, cheers guys. Ill keep thinking for new annoying ones.

Si

A refreshing read this.

Jacey B mentioned Detroit Grand Pubahs "Sandwiches" - a truly bizarre track which Jules was never sure of himself, as he admitted on the Radio!

Warrior - Warrior

Saint pointed this out but my opinion is that the vocal ruined the track. There exists a promo version which is instrumental and has more piano in, and the bassline is slightly different - if anyone has this PM me :wink:

CRW - I Feel Love

I've never forgiven Jules for playing this instead of my Gone but not forgotten selection( http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/main/ra.../2004/02/21.htm ) :lol:

Archived