Ashes

HIGGZY

I don't see why players need to retire if they've still got it. Alec Stewart could have continued for another couple of years I reckon. He was still scoring, he was keeping well, he was fit, etc.

Graeme Hick is 30/40 and still going strong. I think he's just been offered a new two year contract hasn't he? I hope so cos he's a legend in the English game.

Apparently Shane Warne is retiring after next season - I think that would be a terrible shame. He's the worlds greatest spin bowler, and he's still as good as ever now. Why retire if the world still fears you? :(

Stewart retired to take up other commitments with Surrey & i think simply to enjoy life. Warne will probably be the same, i can understand Warne's decision more so than others as he's a real celebrity in Australia & over here too i guess. He can do whatever he likes when he retires & i'm sure he'll be glad that he can completely let himself go with booze & birds.

Hick is 41 & has signed a new deal at New Road, fantastic stuff, means i get to watch him for another couple of years, he's still a class act

i'm sure he'll be glad that he can completely let himself go with booze & birds.

He does that as a cricketer, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when he has too much spare time when he retires :shock:

Hick is 41 & has signed a new deal at New Road, fantastic stuff, means i get to watch him for another couple of years, he's still a class act

Quality! He's still got it in him. It'll be nice to see him hitting a few more centuries - apart from when he plays Warwickshire :twisted:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived