NYE

Uberduck

Sorry guys but it was only a matter of time before somebody posted this topic :? .

Im not that impressed with the events this year and am at a bit of a lost end what to do....

Gods:

John Kelly

Taul Paul

Jon of the Peased

Alistair Whitehead

Daniel Soto

AJGibson

As the lineup probably suggests, its a classics night. With all due respect to the above DJ's they aren't exactly regulars in the big clubs and there's probably a reason why. Dont get me wrong, they were good in their time.

Hey, maybe I'm being judgemental?

Goodgreef is an NEC event with a hard dance policy in association with various harcore/drum & bass clubs.

Passion is another hard dance policy.

Any ideas??? Seems to be lacking on the trance front.

I wish there was another Gods@ Donnington 2001-2002 event. That was class and in fact some of the DJ's at this years Gods NYE played then. Taul Paul played a pretty good set. Picotto did himself proud by finishing off with DJ Elite - That Camera Track :D:D .

Gods lineup is awful, i don't care whether it is a Sanctuary reunion it's tripe, they've obviously tried to cut down on the fees paid to the jocks whilst still keeping their entry price high in an attempt to rake it in.

Hopefully someone round my way will have a house party, they're easily the best ways to spend NYE, cheap, good company & always a laugh.

Gods lineup is awful' date=' i don't care whether it is a Sanctuary reunion it's tripe, they've obviously tried to cut down on the fees paid to the jocks whilst still keeping their entry price high in an attempt to rake it in.

I was hoping someone would say that as I didnt want to start slagging DJ's off and get a battering from the masses. Seems all our big name jocks have gone abroad for the $$$ i.e. Jules & Eddie.

Bit dissapointing as I already noted, we used to have some quality events. :cry:

Gods:

John Kelly

Taul Paul

Jon of the Peased

Alistair Whitehead

Daniel Soto

AJGibson

To be fair music doesnt matter that much on NYE, its all about your mates and the end of the year..............NYE is always a huge anti-climax for most people so i never expect much from the DJs/Clubs......

I always end up at a local ritzy/pub for subdued happenings and they always end up the most exciting :)

I'm really looking forward to the Gods night. Tall Paul was a resident DJ for Gods at the time, so him headlining is a good choice. I do hope that he changes his records from the last few classics nights he's played for Gods though - doesn't fit with the style he played back then (bangin').

Can't really comment on Alistair Whitehead and Jon of the Pleased. don't think i've seen them play out in the last 10 years

As for ressie DJ's AJ and Daniel Soto, I think they'll play quality sets. Soto's classics set in April 2005 was f***ing good to say the least.

Archived