Ejay

thirddrive

has anyone else used this software? I've got the Dance versions 2 and 4, and you can make some interesting stuff with it, 4 especially since it has 48 track sequencer. 5000 samples too, royalty free, but of course that does mean that the sounds you create don't have your orginal stamp on it. The way I look at it though, i've interpreted the samples in a certain way to make the tunes.

Some are well cheesy, but you will find the odd gem in there, that, when combined, means you can make something half decent. I've made quite a few since I first got Ejay 2 in 2001, most s***, although I have made one recently that I kinda like and would play :)

The Series is up to number 7 now, and it's now improved so you have primo flexibility with the sound you can create, although you need helluva lot of comp space.

All in all though, it is a cheap way to make a track quickly, since £200 + for professional software really isn't in everybody's budgets (or computer capabilities!).

I used version 2 about 4 years ago and found it extremely limiting, so tried version 3 and made a couple of tracks which sound ok... very difficult to make it not sound cheesy, though I found many samples that sounded good enough to use that weren't in this bracket.

The main problem I found is I couldn't create any melody or bassline with no keyboard, kinda crucial when making a track!! :lol: What's the new version like? I don't think I'd consider it over fruityloops cos my PC at home couldn't handle it anyway... :?

Archived