My recent DJing

Wakey

Well it's definitely been a while since I've been on here properly. I guess I'm on here now coz I'm trying to get away from doing my essays due in for next week!

Just thought I'd do a bit of an update on the DJing as I've had a few gigs recently. At uni I've been working for the entertainments department DJing in the bar on Sat nights and also the club night, had to warm up for Chappers and Dave last week!

Also I warmed up for the Zane Lowe Home Tapings Tour which came to the club venue at uni. He played a brilliant set, I don't know if anyone here has ever seen Zane DJ live but he's very good. Ripped it up with a massive mix of tunes and was scratching his way through aswell! his support DJs Uncle Buck were good. They do a lot of their own bootlegs etc and use Ableton as far as I'm aware. Deffo DJs to look out for!

And played at a couple of clubs in Norwich recently which has gone quite well. I did a trance/electro house set on Weds night and went down a storm!!

So all in all going quite well. If I'm doing any gigs near you lot I'll keep you posted!!

Back to the essays then!! ...

I saw Zane about 7 months ago in Sheffield, he was AMAZING!

Very different to his radio show, he mixes up indie, house, drum & bass, pretty much everything! Really talented and a real crowd pleaser.

My old Uni is trying to get him for the may ball next year :)

lol I'm trying to think now about whether he played that or not!! I've definitely heard it recently, but I know a lad I DJ'd with dropped it not so long ago!

Zane's sets are really good, like Bjorn says he plays a massive mix of stuff, he did a really good mix from Galvanize into Kasabian's Clubbed Foot, worked a treat!

Deffo get to see him if you're into a wide range of music!!

Archived