F.A.O those with CD-J's

Aza

Ive just began to sort all my mp3s that I have ripped from my vinyl into folders etc.

Ive decided to try and follow the itunes (or so called proper structure) having a folder for pretty much each tune and artist then a file for each track.

Do you guys with cdj just put one artist per track or fill the cd with as many tunes as poss?

I suppose you get better structure with the first, but save cds etc with the latter.... which you think is the best?

lol, i pondered this for agesss aza!!!

Needed sum proper way of organising my cdr's

The way i do it is by having most stuff entitled 'new trance - June 2005' or New House - July 2005' Then i try and get as many mixes of each tune and whack them on, usually bout 6 tunes on each cd with maybe 2/3 or 4 different tunes on each cd. But i have other cd's such as 'Anjunabeats - New Releases June 2005' - this has got Lucas & Beltram (2mixes) and Air For Life (2 mixes on)

i organise them by date mostly, but ocassionally if theres enough mixes of the one tune, i'll just use one cd for one tune, for eg. Young Parisians - Jump The Next Train, theres like 5 mixes of this i have so whacked em all on one cd for that.

Hope that makes sum sort of sense mate!

I just wait 'til I have enough tunes for one CDR (usually 10-ish) from my mp3s on the PC. I'm currently burning one CDR a week. I then have them all arranged on my PC in months; so in a years' time I can come back and see what I was playing in March 2005 or whatever. Or I just check my tracklistings....

I think I am going to follow a similar way. Only a cdr per artist and with the odd few tracks make like a cd of very similar tunes to fill up.

Sort of keeps your traditional vinyl then by rummaging through your tunes...

Nah not yet mate - well got me ebay account to plus 50 now so that should help.

I am going away for a week this saturday, so will almost certainly list em then! Im itching to sell em now and transfer!

Almost, just about filled my cd walet, not shure what to do then :?

might do 20 or so cd's at the back of the case with 10 + older tunes on and keep the rest of the case full of single track cds.

Think Im just gonna throw all the old single cds, I hate haveing cds pilled all over the place :idea:

I know a mate who keeps absolutely everything on his PC and then prepares his gig by burning some CD-Rs a few days before:

At the moment he happily takes loads and loads of CDs with him everywhere in a couple of cases, even though he'll only play about a tiny amount of them on one night. New tracks he wants to play out replace an older CD-R in his case that he's sure he won't play again now, which gets binned. Think he also has a section at the back of one of his cases (classics etc), that he always has to hand and will never bin.

I think he just copies one track per CD-R, or if he has a shorter version or re-edit of the same track that goes on there as well as track #2, but no more, which seems wasteful to me because he does get through a huge number of CDs, but it seems to work well for him in having the latest tunes, but also a wide selection of tracks so you don't get caught out.

My cds [are] each... numbered 1-80

(u then learn what cd has what choons on it).

This is true about remembering what's on which CD; I still have nearly 300 MDs of snippets of Jules' shows from the past 5/6 years, and numbered them accordingly, and I know exactly what is on each of them. If you play a tune enough I suppose your mind easily associates one mix to a number, though I wouldn't recommend it if you had thousands of CDs, unless you're Paul Daniels. :D

Archived