Gatecrasher Classics - New Years Day 2007

Bjorn

.....So after the mad session on NYE we made the trip to Sheffield to my mates flat for about 7pm, fro mthe night before were 7 survivors (1 was to go home to get changed and never to be seen again!)

We were rather monged to say the least at my mates despite a lot of booze, haha, but we headed out i nthe freezing, horizontal rain - urgh! To find fecking EVERYWHERE shut! Right arse, finally found wetherspoons to be open so headed i nthere then marched down to crasher which seemed dangerously quiet outside - got in and only the main room was open understandably, and was only half full. We had sum beers but couldn;t snap out of our self-induced zombie like status, until that was Hardwick came on...

He was playing a 'future' set - essentially a 'normal' set compared to the classics. First tune - Black Is The Colour, second tune - A&B - Good For Me - nuff said!!

Sorted us right out and got us (and everyone else in crasher) on the dancefloor. It rpaidly became rammed actually but still a lot more room to dance than at normal crashers :D

Hardwick played 11-1, followed by Riley & Durrants 2nd :? set, where the laser kicked in to life, the lights proepr went dark and the classics were began to be spinned properly (fook knows what they were playing i ntheir first set when we got in there, lol) Agnelli & Nelson played the closing set 2-4 and was pretty good apart from a s*** mix on the very last tune :|

Ok, so obviously tunes that i remember.....

Oceanlab - Sattelite

A&B - No One On Earth (Not the G&D Remix :evil: )

Andain - Beautiful Things (Photon Remix) - again not the G&D remix!! :evil:

Crazy Marmaduke

Cygnus X - Orange Theme

Whiteroom - Whiteroom

Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun

Southside Spinners - Lovestruck

Tiesto - Traffic

Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Richard Durand Remix) - a bit cheeky, not exactly a classic...but it still all went off :P

4 Strings - Take Me Away 2006 (Mac Zimms Remix) - once again - cheeky

Tiesto - Adagio For Strings :( (how the hell cud they play that over Ferrys mix :? )

Faithless - Insomnia

Agnelli & Nelson - Holding On To Nothing

Agnelli & Nelson - Everyday

Rank 1 - Awakening (Cosmic Gate Remix)

Chicane - Autumn Tactics

Chicane - Saltwater (blatent new techy mix)

mostly more obvious classics to be honest, but never mind ey!

Quality night, got back to our mates flat where we all promptly collapsed i na big exausted, knackered mess!

Felt crap yesterday all day from feeling utterly drained. Ah well, it was worth it!!

Pics to follow when i get home 8-)

Good report and pics matey' date=' especially that cheeky one of that girls mini skirt lifted up![/quote']

heh heh, she didn't bat an eyelid!

BTW did you see the Boxing Day pics in the Photo Gallery on JJ.Net website. Can't miss your cheeky face.

yeh i did cheers! Sum good ones' date=' especially of my mate with the eddie t-shirt on![/quote']

this was by far & away the best Crasher Classics i've ever been to.

Matt Hardwick again proved that he is the best trance jock around at the moment. His Future Classics set was even better than his set at the White Party on New Years Day.

Arrived during JFK's set so couldn't really comment on the whole of the set, and the club was the emptiest i've ever seen it when i arrived around 10.30.

It soon filled to a good capacity though, and Riley & Durrant and Agnelli & Nelson kept things rocking until it's close at 4am.

Didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it was. Godskitchen @ the Sanctuary didn't manage to be as good as this.

gregg we really need to meet up pal, lol! 3 times crasher in last few weeks!

Totally agree with you on matt hardwick, really enjoyed it - was wierd as it was empty when we got in at 10.30 too!

Totally agree with you on matt hardwick, really enjoyed it - was wierd as it was empty when we got in at 10.30 too!

ha ha

definitely next time mate, i'm there for the picotto night in february!

ha ha

definitely next time mate, i'm there for the picotto night in february!

yeh i'll be there for sure, by the way - this is secret info but dogzilla will not be there :cry:

Archived