Fao Londeners

Dewi

I was down there last week, the tubes suck at rush hour!

Never the less it seams like a good opportunity to do some shopping - any one know where to start? The obvious idea is Oxford Street, do I get off at Oxford circus? Is it two far to walk (inc shopping and pubs) from there two Hyde park corner?

Also I'm down on Sunday evening, so, are all the shops open reasonably late?

Cheers guys.

Oxford circus station is located approx half way down oxford street, u also have regents street on the left as you come out of the staion, which leads down to trafalgar square. there are shops bars pubs and cafes every ware, i belive that from oxford circus is not to far walk to hyde park, approx £4 in cab

Loads of shopping opportunities in London, Oxford Street is the obvious place to go to town and spend lots of money, but if you're lucky you might find Camden Market (off Camden Town tube) a nice place to buy some home-made Trance CDs (and cheap leather jackets, if you like that kinda thing!)

Last time I was in London I was showing a couple of Danish friends round who insisted on discovering the late-night "shops" in Soho, and trying on bizarre accessories and wearing masks and stuff which of course I found just hilarious.

oh, folowing on from dewi's q, im in london in a couple of weeks, and i think i'll take the opportunaity to scout sum record shops....anybody know of any in central london???!

oh aye time, what kind of 'shops' we're u goin in ey........

You can guess. If the friends I was with were male, we would have looked unquestionably suspect wandering in!!

Clearly I didn't partake in trying to buy anything in there :D

Regarding record shops, there's a huge HMV in the centre with a massive vinyl section, also Tower Records is worth a try, it's got loads of floors. I don't go in there enough but clearly if you looked in the right places, with time you'd find some traditional record shops for dance music - ask around in the music shops!

Archived