Connecting leads

thirddrive

Unless you mean the headphone socket? lol! No, that's silly.

Haha! :lol: Headphone is just a poorer version of a proper Line Out on a sound card.... some laptops don't have Line ins, how about buying a brand new desktop PC? (just solely for a line in :D )

F8ck about! Probs don't have the cash for that right now, lol - maybe I'll have to borrow the use of parent's comp to make a Cd this summer - I've been wanting to make a CD to fulfill my Year 3 Uni Goal - getting a gig :) Oh and to send to friends. year 2 was obv getting a Radio Show, successfully done and established now :)

There is a USB mixer by Numark, i'm not sure if that's a cheaper solution or won't allow you to record.

The DM101 is essentially equivalent to what I have now, but with the digital connections that means you can record to computer and also mix files from it too. I kinda wanted some effects on it if I was to upgrade :S

I'll try and keep looking for connectors, what do you use for connecting to PC then? Should be able to borrow parents comp to make a CD this summer.

Depends on what's at the back of your components -, you'll have to study carefully what is linking what, how you are gonna connect the bastards and what type of sockets they are so you know exactly what cables you are buying before you go shopping! The double Red/White 'Male' jacks seem to connect almost all my components (MD Deck, Amp, hi-fi etc) though just needed a simple single jack to connect to PC's sound card...

I'm not familiar with connecting mixers but gold-plated cable ends are always better than the standard silver. Have a look in Dixons they should have a nice wide selection there.

u don't really need owt spesh, just a phone to jack lead, i get all my leads from a local small electronics shop, cost's me £1.20 for each cable ,whereas dixons and that will rape u bout £4-5 for exactly the same lead!!

I went into Dixons at Christmas to buy a tape-head cleaning kit (because I put in an old damp tape with mould on thinking it would work fine but it messed the heads up instead) - and upon enquiring they tried selling me something completely irrelavent, sponge feet for your speakers or something....

They've also recently been had for re-selling faulty goods haven't they? Customer buys item, brings it back because it's faulty and Dixons just fold it up neatly again and put it back on the shelf...

I get all my leads/connectors from Maplins. They have high street shops, as well as being online. Much cheaper and the staff are helpful, but you can sometimes get made to look a prick unless you can describe what you want to do!

Archived