Expensive Vinyl [split topic]

Si_E_P

think it was only £4.99 actually plus p & p......which could equal a lot, lol!

Yeah, not bad that. I have heard people paying them £30-40 for rare stuff. People that pay those prices should be strung up - it encourages shops to see what they can get away with charging

I have heard people paying them £30-40 for rare stuff. People that pay those prices should be strung up - it encourages shops to see what they can get away with charging

I know vinyl is expensive anyway, but I think it's well worth forking out an inflated cost (within reason) if it's from an individual person if it gives pleasure to the recipient; if you've been looking for a particular rare mix and researching it's history and varients, increasing your anoraky knowledge on the fine details of it for years and years, you'll know what I mean. It's very easy to become obsessed with a record you can't get hold of! :) Common sense should prevail when the price is silly - I saw a mate buy an ultra rare Iron Maiden vinyl for a ridiculous amount yet I didn't see he was that excited about it, no glow in the eyes... he just bought it because it was "rare" - I thought, what's the point in that?

I'm going to have to split this topic up guys, 13 pages is way too long!

Start a new thread then?

I dont understand why people by stuff keep it sealed just for collecting! which they weill then at some point flog on for more money or just keep as an investment-kno knock hello Mcfly?!!

I have played every single side of every slab of vinyl I have vere bought be it commonplace or rare, I buy stuff to listen to, not just for the hell of it, waste of money otherwise.

I can see the buying of stuff and leaving it sealed - you never know when you may need the money. But I buy stuff to play and keep it in good nick so that it lasts longer. There's nothing worse than buying off Ebay and getting a vinyl in a shabby sleeve - it gives the impression the vinyl is in poor nick too.

Its a starnge would this music business! There's collectors and players - I seem to be hovering in the middle somehwere! Maybe its just because I'm a hoarder :D

BTW Tim, these last few posts would be better in a separate thread :wink:

just to let u know they sent the wrong record, i dont trust global groove now. they sent me bk-playin with knives. tut. ive payed an extortionate amount for some of my records not on the basis of givin the money but for the love of the record itself at the end of the day if you can afford it and want it then surely the music is first priority.

Archived