Logging in problems

bigsteve

I believe the expiry date is after 7 days currently, but you'll have to ask Tim. This means that if a person does not log in within 7 days of their last visit to the board then their login key expires and they have to re-enter their password. Tim, I would not recommend setting this to "never expire" because this decreases the security of the board through not limiting the time frame a hacker would have to use the key if stolen.

For members, please check in IE (Internet Explorer) Tools > Internet Options and go to Cookie Settings on the first tab, and set to automatic. We will adjust the settings today to ensure people have trouble-free login.

KR

Tim - in the control panel of this board, what did you set the cookie longevity to?

Cheers Kieran - I've just set it to 30 days.... presumably people will visit the board at least once a month? hehe :lol:

Should be fixed now but any more problems guys, please keep on asking.

Nice.

The problems I have seem to vary, there's no real logical pattern to them

I always use the cookies & always select to be logged in on each visit, sometimes I come here & am logged in other times I'm not.

This morning i was logged in fine, then i check back just now & have to log in again :huh:

• 1 month later...

Archived