Slow loading sites (Not this one!)

bigsteve

Why are some websites built with phenomenal amounts of info and pretty pictures that make the site so slow to load. OK, so I'm feeling it more than ever right now :wink: , but why do it? This site is basic in its look, but does everything you need, and is well quick to load up.

Web designers take note!

Why are some websites built with phenomenal amounts of info and pretty pictures that make the site so slow to load. OK, so I'm feeling it more than ever right now :wink: but does everything you need

oh yeah, steve? what site are U looking at :shock: :shock:

'does everything u need' - LOL!

u shud edit that mate, hahaha! lmao!

Flash sites are hopeless loading for those who are on dial-up. It looks great, but if used too much or linked poorly then it will slow the loading time whatever connection you're on.

This site is an information site and so I've always felt it doesn't need to be anything but simple, but at the same time consistent and not harsh on the eye. The board also should be very quick to load unless people have resource-sapping avatars (sorry Bjorn!! :wink: :D )

If visitors come on a website, it can be the dog's b*****s but if it's slow to load they won't be tempted to click through and browse the site like they normally would, so you could well be right Steve about poor sales on Tune Inn for that very reason. This is also why I worry about the speed on this site when it's anything but lightning quick!

Yeah thats my argumnet for all thse brash boldflashy sites, can be annoyinge sp if you cant skip intros-have to wait for them to load just to skip them.

Take Jule's site that was er going back originally a flash based pop up thingy werent it? I prefer the way his site is now.

yeah i still check it out occasionally, u should go check out dormouse's thread advertising his recent gigs, we had some fun slating a guy called 'unknown_unknown' - twas good fun that was, im sure adam will agree!

yeah i still check it out occasionally, u should go check out dormouse's thread advertising his recent gigs, we had some fun slating a guy called 'unknown_unknown' - twas good fun that was, im sure adam will agree!

That guy always gets the p1ss taken out of him! Isn't he Irish or something?

I've just read through most of it, and it shows why I can't be @rsed going on there anymore. There's a select few people that are on there to irritate and annoy, spoiling it for everyone else. He clearly hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Anyway, I'm not wasting space on this board talking about him

I'm surprised you argued with the person for so long! I'm certainly not one for shying away from standing up for myself, but equally so on that occasion I would have tried to move away from that and ignore it early on. Unlike this board also, that argument will stay on there until the end of time! :o

Easier said than done though I admit. :?

Archived