Crasher Rules 17-02-08

Bjorn

Went to Crasher rules on sat night, and jeez, what a night we had!!

Line was..

Mauro Picotto

Scott Bond

Marcel Woods

Randy Katana

Simon Patterson

Matt Hardwick

bout 15 of us had a pre-party at my mates flat in the middle of sheffield and then me & one of my mates went down to crasher early on at 9.30 to meet Si Patterson, walked in with him b4 crasher had opened and hilariously the head bouncer went to the ticket window and said 'this guy claims to be simon patterson' oh how we laughed...

Anyway, went in with si and he got the tuens stomping out, he's started using ableton on his new mac and was showing me how it worked during his set, tis a very good programme! While watching Si had a chat with Charlie (Jules, Si & Matts manager) and he gave me and my mate a shedload of free booze and VIP wristbands which was sweet. Patterosn played a ratehr proggy warm-up set with sum mint tunes actually - best tune was Super8 & DJ Tab - Need To Feel (Wippenburg Remix) - souned immense in crasher! He was wasted on warm-up tho! Near the end Hardwick appeared, had a good chat with him about new tunes etc then he took over from Si. Watched about half of hardwicks set from behind the decks then we all headed over to VIP to get battered! Saw Picotto in there and scott bond, and also Aled Mann from the Discover label - proper sound chap had a really good chat with him :thumbsup: Missed msot of Picotto's set as a result of chit chatting away but could hear him playing a minimal/tech electro set which altho i liked, it does not fit the crasher main room!

Went back to dance away for Marcel Woods - he was just insane, tuen after tune, Cherry Whip, Advanced, U2 - Vertigo Remix, Accelerate, Don't Tar Me With The Same Brush etc etc..

Saw some of Randy Katana in between visits back to VIP, lol, he played his usual Tribal-Tech stuff which sounded pretty sweet. PAtterson left about 3.30, he said originally he was going straight after his set, but we ended up getting him mullered, haha!

Scott Bond was absoloutly terrible in my opinion - he seemed pissed at about 1am when i spoke to him, and he played a full on classics set :blink: and his mixing was the worst i have ever heard at crasher out of anyone. Disgrace if u ask me, he needs to get practising again...

Apart from that it was an amazing night, met a lot of ppl and just had a really enjoyable time!

Will stick sum pics up once my mates have uploaded them :mrgreen:

Sounds like a run of the mill night :mrgreen:

In all seriosuness though sounds like you had a top night mate, it seems strange that they put Patterson on so early, sometimes it perplexes me how promoters can try & book so many DJs of the same ilk who all wana bash it out, they need to think lineups through more carefully, an awful lot of DJs would have thought bollox to the night I'm hammering it out, so fair play for Patterson toning it down a bit

Sounds like a run of the mill night :mrgreen:

In all seriosuness though sounds like you had a top night mate, it seems strange that they put Patterson on so early, sometimes it perplexes me how promoters can try & book so many DJs of the same ilk who all wana bash it out, they need to think lineups through more carefully, an awful lot of DJs would have thought bollox to the night I'm hammering it out, so fair play for Patterson toning it down a bit

Just been discussing this on the Matt Hardwick board....

Crasher messed Patterson around bigtime - crasher was originally advertised with 'Dogzilla Live' on the bill, but then they cancelled that and he was not doing anything. Then they sorted a DJ Set with him, and this was the warm-up. They prob wud have been better off having Riley & Durrant on warm-up instead of relatively wasting Patterson as a DJ playing unknown tunes to him, a lot of ppl will have gone to see Si playing his usual psy/techy stuff and not a prog warm-up! I think the set programming was pretty crap tbh, the order was:

Patts

Hardwick

Picotto

Katana

Woods

Bond

With those Dj's only i would have played this order:

Hardwick - good warm up trance

Patts - slightly harder than Hardwick, his style carry's on from Matts

Bond - only upligting trance dj on the line-up, can;t hav him on early tho..

Katana - tribal-tech, follow on nicely for mthe uplifting stuff and would lead into picotto well..

Picotto - tech/minimal house which could easily follow tribal stuff..

Woods - tech-trance, perfect follow on from tech-house/techno!

Bjorn, I missed you at Crasher again! lol

I thought Crasher was quality on Saturday! Can't agree with putting Hardwick on warm up! His set was by far the best of the night, although I agree Patterson shouldn't have been on first. They could have done away with Katana & Marcel Woods as they weren't anything spectacular. Even Picotto, I felt, didn't live up to the hype.

It was a pretty poor producers set I thought. He dropped the BPM right down after Hardwick finished and picked some pretty poor tunes during his first hour and considering what he has produced, there is no excuse for it.

Scott Bond I thought was good. His mixing wasn't the best, it never has been, but it was better than I expected I've heard him train wreck a few times in Crasher when he was resident.

Really looking forward to next months!

Archived